OT: An Analogy Too Far | The Boneyard

OT: An Analogy Too Far

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
In recent days there have been a few business articles offering business advice using sports analogies, including UConn's WCBB prominently, and I had the misfortune of finding another one. This one is about Human Resources, always a cringe worthy phrase, as it suggests you are right in the stock room with the toner cartridges and reams of copy paper. Of course, there is a sort of resonance between sports and this HR topic, namely harassment. How did we end up in this thing, I have no idea. I suspect the whole idea had its genesis in one of the authors wanting to be "clever" by exploiting March Madness in the title: "March Grabness ...Avoiding Personal Fouls ... in The Workplace.

March Grabness: Lessons from the (Basketball) Court: Avoiding Personal Fouls, Violations and Time Outs in the Workplace | JD Supra

"And like UConn, effective Human Resource and Employee Relations professionals must have protocols in place to address seemingly intractable problems that require them to be everywhere on the court at once."

There, I feel better now.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Sorry, I can't get myself to click the link, I live it everyday...the mere metaphoric thought of what they think they are referencing has me in shudders already...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Sorry, I can't get myself to click the link, I live it everyday...the mere metaphoric thought of what they think they are referencing has me in shudders already...

Still laughing... you clearly appreciate the horror!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Both of you had better be careful. I'm counting the paper clips and watching your computer time very carefully.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yeah - I am not sure I can face that link either! Sometimes The Google can find just a little too much of what you thought you wanted! :eek:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Both of you had better be careful. I'm counting the paper clips and watching your computer time very carefully.

VG JordyG, VG ... still chuckling.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom