OT: American Sniper | The Boneyard

OT: American Sniper

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Just took my daughter and her friend to see it. they are both 13. it's rated R but i figured it's a part of American History and they should definitely see it, even at that age.

It's not an all-time great movie but it is an all-time great true story.
definitely worth seeing at least 1 time.
Bradley Cooper nailed the part. Oscar prolly coming his way.

while leaving the movie theatre a women stopped me and asked me, if i had just seen american sniper.
I said yes. she said she could tell cause of how i looked. " yes i cried a lil " most people will.

seen many movies and never been asked that question before, while leaving the theatre.

just my two cents.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
some of you prolly read the book. i hadn't and had no idea what to expect besides what i saw on cnn about him.
true american hero in all sense of the words.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Thank God for those heroes. If not for them the language couldn't have been basterdized to the point where 'prolly' is a word used by people old enough to have teenage children.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to seeing this one. My friend's older brother is the SEAL advisor for the film, and plays himself in it (dauber)

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Looking forward to seeing this one. My friend's older brother is the SEAL advisor for the film, and plays himself in it (dauber)

a former chef of mine, was also a navy seal.
1 of the coolest dudes i've ever met.
glad the seals are on our side.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Thank God for those heroes. If not for them the language couldn't have been basterdized to the point where 'prolly' is a word used by people old enough to have teenage children.

thanks for keeping this about the movie. i'm sure everyone found your input relevant to the conversation.
i guess you type okay and not ok, in everything you write on here.
thanks.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
thanks for keeping this about the movie. i'm sure everyone found your input relevant to the conversation.
i guess you type okay and not ok, in everything you write on here.
thanks.

Everyone else put you on ignore. Take the replies you can get.

Reaction Score
Everyone else put you on ignore. Take the replies you can get.

You lead the league in ignores. One thread, 7 people admitted to having you on ignore. It's funny when you cannot see your hypocrisy.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You lead the league in ignores. One thread, 7 people admitted to having you on ignore. It's funny when you cannot see your hypocrisy.

I might lead the league in ignores - even you understand I don't much care.

You might want to look up the definition of hypocrisy, because it doesn't mean anything close to how you used it. I imagine you mean something closer to SELF AWARE.

I think hypocrisy would be a better word for the posters who have bragged about ignoring me but constantly reply to my posts.

Reaction Score
:)

You want to engage me in a vocabulary match? You'd lose big time. I just want you to realize the edge of what you post. You're right there. Never ever milquetoast. I ignore this guy. But it's funny seeing you jump.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
for all the people that ignore me.
my threads still get a lot of responses.

but let's get back to the movie.
no need for any personal attacks ever.
this is a sport's message board.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
:)

You want to engage me in a vocabulary match? You'd lose big time. I just want you to realize the edge of what you post. You're right there. Never ever milquetoast. I ignore this guy. But it's funny seeing you jump.

I probably would lose a vocabulary match. I'm a numbers guy, words aren't my thing.

For a guy so confident in his vocabulary the rest makes no sense. You want me to realize the edge of what I post?

You want me to understand that I am an a**hole to idiots? You think I don't know that?

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I probably would lose a vocabulary match. I'm a numbers guy, words aren't my thing.

For a guy so confident in his vocabulary the rest makes no sense. You want me to realize the edge of what I post?

You want me to understand that I am an a**hole to idiots? You think I don't know that?

you're giving yourself too much credit.
you don't seem any smarter than your average bear.

just pointing out the obvious though.
anyway. just delete this thread. it's gone downhill.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
some of you prolly read the book. i hadn't and had no idea what to expect besides what i saw on cnn about him.
true american hero in all sense of the words.

That explains some of your negativity = a CNN viewer
God Bless America, especially the snipers

Reaction Score
I get it. You are a contrainean. It has something to do with Present Value & you just nudge the formula with an appropriate discount rate.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I get it. You are a contrainean. It has something to do with Present Value & you just nudge the formula with an appropriate discount rate.

At least quote me if you are going to take shots.

'Contrainean' seems to be your best material tonight. I'm hoping for your sake it's better than a typo I made.

Reaction Score
asked me, if i had just seen american sniper.

seen many movies and never been asked that question before, while leaving the theatre.

To be fair, it's a very specific question that would have been odd to ask in the past ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom