OT: Amazon the future shopper is here

Discussion in 'Off Topic Archive' started by Kitaman, May 18, 2016.

1. Kitaman

Kitaman

Man talk about buying sh|t without moving!!! This stuff is made for ankle bracelet wearers and criminals in hiding. If you live in an apartment and can't get boxes delivered you have to go to the PO, bypassing the stores who sell what you ordered. Is our country tops in obesity?

2. Leebo

Leebo

It's a little silly just because you can already do the same thing with your phone, but you do realize that people can and do order billions of dollars of stuff online every day, right?

3. Huskyforlife

Huskyforlife Best poster

I don't have sound so I'm assuming it's a button you can press to automatically purchase whatever is on the button? If so that's amazing.

4. Leebo

Leebo

Yeah, you can customize them and stick them to the wall, so you could put that Tide button over your washing machine or whatever.

It probably does make it easier for people to remember in some cases.

Huskyforlife likes this.
  5. Kitaman

Kitaman

Yeah which seemingly makes the button unnecessary and much too easy. When I purchase online many times I have cancelled, paused or removed items from my cart. Time is on your side with phone/pc buying.

This button is instant even with the option to cancel via phone message.

It could be good for elderly, people with limited mobility/time or those that aren't price shoppers, thereby convenient. I see grocery stores doing this locally with a minimum purchase but using an in-house delivery (shorter wait time) so Amazon has started something that could actually be improved on.

6. Leebo

Leebo

It's no more instant than on your phone, not sure where you're getting that. Both can be cancelled before shipping happens later in the day.

There's a "one-click purchase" button already.

7. Kembacity

Kembacity

This is a very slow news day eh? Hasn't this been around for like a year, at least in a pilot project sort of way?

sammydabiz likes this.
  8. temery

temery What?