OT - Allen Iverson, documentary | The Boneyard

OT - Allen Iverson, documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
on Showtime interesting but kind of sad at the same time.

He couldn't and still will not shake that "childish" image... enough already.

Great talent but couldn't turn the corner... is there a lesson to be learned for other?

BTW which UConn player did he dunk in the doc, I thought it was the BET but it was a regular season game?

Reaction Score
I think he dunked on Rudy Johnson. AI never matured it seems. He was so wasteful with his money, he should serve as a cautionary tale for all young people.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Post-NBA Allen Iverson wants us to feel sorry for him and the way the media portrayed him but I'm not buying it. He had all the talent and opportunities in the world, going from an elite academic and athletic university to being worshipped and handed millions in the NBA. His actions and behavior led to the very perception that he tries to reject in all these "after the NBA" interviews he seems to have now. You made your bed AI, now it's time to sleep in it.

Reaction Score
Post-NBA Allen Iverson wants us to feel sorry for him and the way the media portrayed him but I'm not buying it. He had all the talent and opportunities in the world, going from an elite academic and athletic university to being worshipped and handed millions in the NBA. His actions and behavior led to the very perception that he tries to reject in all these "after the NBA" interviews he seems to have now. You made your bed AI, now it's time to sleep in it.

You seem great.

Reaction Score

Loser

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Likewise. The next post of yours that doesn't make me roll my eyes or cringe will be the first.
So what are we doing here? Is this a candle light vigil for the injustices that happened to Allen Iverson?

Reaction Score
Yea, no. I doubt AI spends his days wondering what anonymous dudes on the net think of him. I don't see AI giving off this impression of a plea for sympathy or pity in his latest interviews at all.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Most of the 30 for 30 was a "feel sorry for AI because of his race" story. By the end, it feel sorry for AI because he is just a lost soul.

Reaction Score
What's the perception? I consider him a hall of fame player and one of the toughest SOB's I've ever seen play in the NBA. Iverson was railroaded in high school, thank god the national media picked the story up and put enough pressure on Hampton officials to reverse the wrong.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Most of the 30 for 30 was a "feel sorry for AI because of his race" story. By the end, it feel sorry for AI because he is just a lost soul.
that bowling alley situation took him down a slippery slope.

Im sure he felt the community support during that time and also heard the whispers of him "not giving back" and "all we did for him".

"Keeping it real" kept him back... enough with the "towel over your head, oversized white tee with the medallion attached, bucket Kangol with the shades. The kids see what they see, not what they heard. They don't care about his trials and tribulations... they are more impressed/fascinated with his physical/personal appearance.

nice to know drugs aren't involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky