OT - Air Travel | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT - Air Travel

Reaction Score
American to Asia this weekend; typical of all U.S. airlines and Air Canada, the flight attendants will likely be the oldest, most tenured, typically angriest at the world types perhaps with an arriving country young ringer if lucky. Flying to a country with crap airlines, dodgy maintenance, etc., I'm stuck with a U.S. airline. Sadly, no Sing Air, Thai or even Nippon or JAL. It will suck for a day, then I'll arrive.'tis what it is, you suck it up and just feel lucky not to be out back with too many arriving country locals, rarely fly Yanks, etc.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Air Travel sucks. No matter what airline. Jet Blue seems the best.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
TSAP PreCheck for the win.

Going through precheck with the standard Swiss Gear computer back pack.

Had two laptops, medicine, toiletries, couple for sets of headphones, light jacket and some paperwork.

Throw the whole bag on scanner, keep shoes on and go.

Done in two minutes.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
JetBlue tends to outclass the others. I like Southwest but a woman got sucked out of the window this weekend and sadly she died. I’ll be avoiding Southwest from now on.
But what are the odds of that happening again? They're pre-disastered.

Reaction Score
TSAP PreCheck for the win.

Going through precheck with the standard Swiss Gear computer back pack.

Had two laptops, medicine, toiletries, couple for sets of headphones, light jacket and some paperwork.

Throw the whole bag on scanner, keep shoes on and go.

Done in two minutes.

Gamechanger. Can't believe I waited that long to do it.

Reaction Score
Gamechanger. Can't believe I waited that long to do it.

I'm finding the time-saving advantage of TSA pre to be less and less as time goes on, mainly because it's become so ubiquitous, especially at the larger airports. Several times at JFK and Newark the regular security line has had almost nobody in it and the TSA pre line is backed up. If you have TSA pre on your boarding pass you can still leave electronics and liquids in the bag and leave your shoes on in the regular security line.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'm finding the time-saving advantage of TSA pre to be less and less as time goes on, mainly because it's become so ubiquitous, especially at the larger airports. Several times at JFK and Newark the regular security line has had almost nobody in it and the TSA pre line is backed up. If you have TSA pre on your boarding pass you can still leave electronics and liquids in the bag and leave your shoes on in the regular security line.

This!

The lines are sometimes longer in Pre-Check now.

If you travel a ton look into "Clear"

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I still like the non-hassle in pre-check of knowing 90% of the folks travelling thr0ugh it know WTF they are doing.

Most people know what they are doing and it still goes well. Better than dealing with the imbeciles who have zero idea WTF a security check point is for at an airport.

I flew in to Heathrow Sunday morning for work. First class passengers got a business card for a Fast Track lane to clear Border Control. Once they split UK from Non-UK, you went to a separate line. Of course, when every non-UK passenger who flies first class gets the same treatment, it still took 20 minutes. The Gen Pop line looked like 60 minutes minimum.

Best security experience ever was Ben Guiron in Israel. They have a program where certain companies can forward your information prior to arrival. When you walk off jet way there is a person with you name on a placard. They took us down a separate exit, drove us to the baggage area, grabbed our bags and took us to a separate passport control area. On the way out of Israel, got picked up at hotel, driven to airport, a person with about a dozen ID's and badges blazed us to front of line for everything. All I had to do was acknowledge my luggage, do one finger print scan and I was in the lounge sipping beers within 30 minutes of leaving hotel. That was straight up boss living. Only drawback is every movie ever about the middle east and things blowing is constantly being replayed in your head.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom