OT: Advice for Alums at Wichita Game | The Boneyard

OT: Advice for Alums at Wichita Game

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
A group of eight UCONN alums are heading to Storrs for the Wichita State game, staying over at hotel. Most of us live in NYC and Boston areas and go out often in the cities, been a long time since we've been out at UCONN. We want to have fun while not terrifying undergrads with visions of their middle-age futures. I'm sure we'll hit Teds pregame and probably buy drinks for any undergrads near us . Any advice for post game?

Reaction Score
A group of eight UCONN alums are heading to Storrs for the Wichita State game, staying over at hotel. Most of us live in NYC and Boston areas and go out often in the cities, been a long time since we've been out at UCONN. We want to have fun while not terrifying undergrads with visions of their middle-age futures. I'm sure we'll hit Teds pregame and probably buy drinks for any undergrads near us . Any advice for post game?
If you’re buying drinks let us know where you guys will be :)

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
My pleasure! We may be old and grump, but we have a lot of credit!

Reaction Score

If 86 Grille is still open I think that is a good venue - big bar, lots of beers on tap, right in middle of Storrs Center.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I went to Grille 86 before the game on Saturday. They have a quite a few beers on tap, food was good, and the bar itself is rather spacious. However, I'm sure it gets crowded on Saturday nights, especially the 2nd weekend of the semester.

Reaction Score
The Nathan Hale Inn on campus has a nice pub that will have grownups drinking post game. My bud Mark Gildea tends bar regularly. Good guy.
You from Bridgeport?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Did you guys have a good time?
Picked a damn good game to attend!!!!

Reaction Score
My liver regrets making the decision to spend the weekend in storrs. Sad that Wooden Spoon is no longer frequented by many UConn students anymore... We didnt even have to wait in line at 1130 on Sunday.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Did you guys have a good time?
Picked a damn good game to attend!!!!

BEST! TIME! EVER! Undergrads at Ted's, Huskies, and the bar next to Huskies were welcoming and fun to hang with. My crew hopes to make this an annual event.

Reaction Score
Had a blast. Grabbed wings before the game at Bidwell, crushed beers, more beers in the lot, went in feeling good, got the Dub, and slept like a baby. Great game! Great win!

Reaction Score
Students today have it made! Husky Tavern (next to the new Huskies at the former location of Thirsty's) was a great spot pre and postgame.

Ted's was exactly the same (other than the new patio now allows them to double capacity). BBQ Chicken Pizza still undefeated.

Grille 86 is a great location in the new downtown, although it sounds like the students don't care for it much other than from like midnight-2 am on weekends (good enough for alums pre/post game though!) Started our day with $2 mimosas, can't beat that.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Students today have it made! Husky Tavern (next to the new Huskies at the former location of Thirsty's) was a great spot pre and postgame.

Ted's was exactly the same (other than the new patio now allows them to double capacity). BBQ Chicken Pizza still undefeated.

Grille 86 is a great location in the new downtown, although it sounds like the students don't care for it much other than from like midnight-2 am on weekends (good enough for alums pre/post game though!) Started our day with $2 mimosas, can't beat that.
The dollar goes far at UConn. I bought Grey Goose shots at Teds for me, about 4 undergrads standing near by, and the bartender. $24. Husky Tavern was a great place late night.

Reaction Score
BEST! TIME! EVER! Undergrads at Ted's, Huskies, and the bar next to Huskies were welcoming and fun to hang with. My crew hopes to make this an annual event.

We must’ve been following each other the entire night. We had a group of 6 alumni. Went to Ted’s pre-game and post, Huskies and then the new place, Huskies Tavern. I’m still exhausted...undergrads said it was cool seeing a lot of alumni up there this weekend.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom