OT: Adios Randy - Maryland will fire Edsall | The Boneyard

OT: Adios Randy - Maryland will fire Edsall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I guess what we'll hear next is that Florida Atlantic has always been his dream job

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Edsall did a decent job while he was here. Although he just could not bring us to the pinnacle, hiring him was a good move. After he left, things really fell apart.
We beat Notre Dame. Who had thought that was possible? Edsall owes us nothing. Now, Pagliaboob is another story.....

Reaction Score
Edsall did a decent job while he was here. Although he just could not bring us to the pinnacle, hiring him was a good move. After he left, things really fell apart.
We beat Notre Dame. Who had thought that was possible? Edsall owes us nothing. Now, Pagliaboob is another story.....

I agree that he did a decent job, but most of his more high-profile successes, particularly the Fiesta Bowl appearance and the Notre Dame win, were as much circumstance as anything. The 2010 team was pretty good, but certainly not great, and won a mediocre league. We beat Notre Dame when they were in a freefall that led to their coach being fired. Add to that the fact that Edsall's departure was one of the most classless things I've ever heard of, and I'm perfectly content to take pleasure in the guy's failure.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Edsall's departure was one of the most classless things I've ever heard of, and I'm perfectly content to take pleasure in the guy's failure.

I didn't like how Edsall left either. But it doesn't really rank as the most classless things I have ever heard.

Reaction Score
I didn't like how Edsall left either. But it doesn't really rank as the most classless things I have ever heard.

Forcing Todman to face the team to tell them he was going pro early while secretly negotiating with Maryland, followed by not even flying home with the team after the Oklahoma game to go accept another job so that the players found out on the Internet later is disgusting, and I'm glad he's been a failure ever since.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Forcing Todman to face the team to tell them he was going pro early while secretly negotiating with Maryland, followed by not even flying home with the team after the Oklahoma game to go accept another job so that the players found out on the Internet later is disgusting, and I'm glad he's been a failure ever since.
After putting his heart and soul into the program for 10 years. Bad ending but give the guy credit for all he did. Not many coaches give 10 years to a program.

sdhusky

Reaction Score

Todman never complained about and never said he was "forced" - all that came out was that the captains spoke and Edsall said that Todman had some news for the team. An anonymous source said he forced Todman to speak. Who knows.

Palatine has been running with that scrap of anonymous information for years. You really can't take what Palatine says as gospel. He has these crazy star trek truth cloaking devices he uses.

Reaction Score
I don't care what Palatine said. That was in the Courant. Even if he only asked him to do it, or whatever, what he did was still dirty and underhanded, and I can think it shows that he's not a good person.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
I don't care what Palatine said. That was in the Courant. Even if he only asked him to do it, or whatever, what he did was still dirty and underhanded, and I can think it shows that he's not a good person.

How about if it was the last time that Todman would be able to address and thank the team?

It's not all clear what happened... except to Palatine.

If Edsall didn't leave, would you have any problem with what happened with Todman?

Reaction Score
Todman never complained about and never said he was "forced" - all that came out was that the captains spoke and Edsall said that Todman had some news for the team. An anonymous source said he forced Todman to speak. Who knows.

Palatine has been running with that scrap of anonymous information for years. You really can't take what Palatine says as gospel. He has these crazy star trek truth cloaking devices he uses.
Yeah, I made it up. Complete fantasy.

Except here is a story http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/26824496 (one of many) that says Edsall made him do it.

So you're wrong again. I'm right again. Just the way it is. Don't you ever get tired of being PROVABLY wrong?

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Yeah, I made it up. Complete fantasy.

Except here is a story http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/26824496 (one of many) that says Edsall made him do it.

So you're wrong again. I'm right again. Just the way it is. Don't you ever get tired of being PROVABLY wrong?

The links says "One anonymous player told the Hartford Courant how the team found out...He made Todman get up and tell the whole team: 'Jordan, I think you have something to say to these guys.' He made him do it face-to-face. But he didn't do it face-to-face. ,"

I said "all that came out was that the captains spoke and Edsall said that Todman had some news for the team. An anonymous source said he forced Todman to speak. Who knows."

Only you would suggest that there is a conflict there. I practically repeated what the Courant said.

For the record, I'm saying I don't know what happened for sure. And when you say you do, you are full of Shot, as usual.

You accused me of lying when I said 9-11 happened with Bush as president.

You said you had access to raw data before NASA said they released it and that my suggestion you were wrong was a lie.

You have a weird definition of lie. I guess its that star trek truth cloaking device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom