OT - ADblocker? | The Boneyard

OT - ADblocker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why do I keep getting this pop up while viewing the forum?

I have to click on Log in to make it go away.

Adblock Detected!

This website requires guests to unblock their Adblocker (make an exception for this site) as advertisements are a source to maintain this community.

If you are a registered user, or would like to register, then click here to

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Why do I keep getting this pop up while viewing the forum?

I have to click on Log in to make it go away.

Adblock Detected!

This website requires guests to unblock their Adblocker (make an exception for this site) as advertisements are a source to maintain this community.

If you are a registered user, or would like to register, then click here to
Just started happening to me yesterday, too. What's up with that?

Reaction Score
I woke up to that to. I use Foxfire also. I think I finally go rid of the popup. It would not even let me log on to it. When this page was opened I went to tools at the top and then to Adblocker Plus and clicked on disable for the Boneyard.
Could not believe it happened especially after yesterday's great news. I didn't change anything from last night and then this pain in my . I think it is all set now. It took me quite a while to figure this out being a codger of sorts

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I got the message too. And I could have been annoyed, but- ads are what keep this site afloat. So I went up to the toolbar, selected disable Adblock for this site, and went on with my life. Small price to pay.

Reaction Score
I got the message too. And I could have been annoyed, but- ads are what keep this site afloat. So I went up to the toolbar, selected disable Adblock for this site, and went on with my life. Small price to pay.

Where is this disable adblock you are talking about? There have always been ads on the page and that's no big deal.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Sorry. I meant in my browser. I happen to use Firefox on OS X, with Adblock installed. Adblock when first enabled is like a light switch- on or off - but then you can set exceptions for certain web sites. For the Boneyard, I set Adblock to let ads through.

Reaction Score
By the looks of things I don't even have Adblocker on my Firefox browser. I'm wondering why, out of no where, this started happening.

Tom?

Reaction Score
I understand that the site needs to make money, but I just wish there was an option where you could, say, donate X dollars and then never have to see ads again. I'd be all for that (don't know how feasible it is though).

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I'm using Firefox so things look to be happening in different browsers.

Yes. If this continues, I will not post here. Ridiculous.

Reaction Score
For those who don't know how to white list a site, this is what I did (Firefox). There should be a little red stop sign looking icon in the bottom left hand corner of your browser. If there isn't try hitting Control+/ to bring it up. When you see it, you can just click on it and click "disable on the-boneyard.com"

Reaction Score
For those who don't know how to white list a site, this is what I did (Firefox). There should be a little red stop sign looking icon in the bottom left hand corner of your browser. If there isn't try hitting Control+/ to bring it up. When you see it, you can just click on it and click "disable on the-boneyard.com"

There is nothing like what you say, on my Firefox browser. I'm pretty sure I don't have the adblocker add on in my browser.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I know we should be grateful that we have a free forum to go to...but....I really don't like the way this site handles ads. I still get screwed up by the 1 inch jump that happens when ads are loading. I keep clicking on the wrong thing when it jumps. By now my laptop should know that I don't want to go to the women's basketball forum..lol.

I agree with the earlier poster in that I would pay to have this site be ad free.

Reaction Score
There is nothing like what you say, on my Firefox browser. I'm pretty sure I don't have the adblocker add on in my browser.
If you go to your Firefox drop down menu (mine is in the upper left corner), and click on 'add-ons' and then 'extensions', you should be able to see if it's installed on your browser or not.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
My browser at work does not have adblock or any comparable plug-in, but I still see it. I also see the ads. I understand the intent but the site is triggering false positives.

Reaction Score
If you go to your Firefox drop down menu (mine is in the upper left corner), and click on 'add-ons' and then 'extensions', you should be able to see if it's installed on your browser or not.

I did that. It's not installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate