OT: Adam Silver is calling for an end to the one and done rule | The Boneyard

OT: Adam Silver is calling for an end to the one and done rule

Reaction Score
If this peels these players from a 1 year stint with Duke and Kentucky I am all for it. Let em go.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
watched Silver during the ring and banner ceremony at Golden State (couldn't bear watching my beloved Cubs anymore) and he is a bumbling idiot
I too would like to see the one and done gone

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I was for the 21 rule or two years out of High School, but I am now leaning towards letting them go Pro and either succeed or bomb as many have done.
Time for college basketball to return to being more than a one year route for those who want nothing to do with college and the whole experience.
It would hurt teams like Kentucky and Duke, so no skin lost there.

Reaction Score
Wonderful. Let them make their own decisions. The huge worry that some kids will declare and won't make it has always been specious - for every kid that declares early and shouldn't have, there'll be another kid who gets that spot. Zero sum game. They're 18 and can legally join the military and kill people - they can decide if they want to risk going pro.

More importantly, F Kentucky and F Duke.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
No restrictions.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Wonderful. Let them make their own decisions. The huge worry that some kids will declare and won't make it has always been specious - for every kid that declares early and shouldn't have, there'll be another kid who gets that spot. Zero sum game. They're 18 and can legally join the military and kill people - they can decide if they want to risk going pro.

More importantly, F Kentucky and F Duke.

More kids declare for the draft than draft spots last year.

So the rule isn’t helping.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Zero or two is the solution. Kids think they're good enough and aren't interested in college? Let them put their name in.
I like this. I think there has to be a way where they can declare for the draft, go through the process and see if they get drafted. If not, they can then sign with schools for minimum 2 years. This would allow kids to test the waters but not be trapped if they don't get selected.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom