ot: ACC/Big 10 Challenge | The Boneyard

ot: ACC/Big 10 Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some good games, sarcasm on.... i really think in a few years RU wll add alot to this... sarcasm off

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This makes think about why the Big East/ACC challenge ended. Because Boeheim whined so much.

Reaction Score
We really blew it when we dropped out of the BE/ACC challange. The Ads let the coaches dictate the schedule instead of doing their jobs.

Reaction Score
This makes think about why the Big East/ACC challenge ended. Because Boeheim whined so much.
Don't bash Boeheim without bashing JC because he didn't want it either and was pretty vocal about it.You can also include John Thompson and others and that is why you don't let coaches make these decisions.The ACC and the BIG control the week in college basketball. The coaches don't want to play anybody early who has a chance to beat them unless they are in some sun drenched tournament. The BE blew it.

Reaction Score
Don't bash Boeheim without bashing JC because he didn't want it either and was pretty vocal about it.You can also include John Thompson and others and that is why you don't let coaches make these decisions.The ACC and the BIG control the week in college basketball. The coaches don't want to play anybody early who has a chance to beat them unless they are in some sun drenched tournament. The BE blew it.
Can you show me where JC didn't want to play in this? Doesn't seem like his MO.

Reaction Score
Can you show me where JC didn't want to play in this? Doesn't seem like his MO.
It was a long time ago Hooper so I can't show you but I remember JC saying that he didn't need the game before the BE schedule. I do remember that it surprised me at the time. It actually is his MO if you look at the teams we have played early in our schedule over the years. I can also remember John Thompson on camera strongly supporting dropping the challenge. Boeheim probably did whine but I just don't remember.
I don't know why I remember these things but couldn't remember where I put my car keys this morning.

Reaction Score
It was a long time ago Hooper so I can't show you but I remember JC saying that he didn't need the game before the BE schedule. I do remember that it surprised me at the time. It actually is his MO if you look at the teams we have played early in our schedule over the years. I can also remember John Thompson on camera strongly supporting dropping the challenge. Boeheim probably did whine but I just don't remember.
I don't know why I remember these things but couldn't remember where I put my car keys this morning.
The key out of conference games in the last few years have been played in January and February because that's when TV wanted the games to be played. JC has said many times that he would rather play these games before the Big East season started.

Just doesn't seem like JC to back away from a challenge. The same guy who always said, "Line 'em up and we'll play the game."

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't remember JC saying anything against the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom