OT: Aaron Hernandez Had CTE, Widow To Sue NFL | The Boneyard

OT: Aaron Hernandez Had CTE, Widow To Sue NFL

Reaction Score
Aaron Hernandez had such significant brain damage, he had the neurological function of a 67-year-old man when he killed himself and his attorney said Thursday his widow will file a federal lawsuit against the National Football League.

Attorney Jose Baez said that Boston University scientists said that he had one of the most severe cases of the neurological impairment CTE that they have ever seen. Baez said he has no doubt the damage to Hernandez's brain impacted his suicide. The lawsuit will be filed on behalf of his daughter.

Aaron Hernandez Had CTE, Widow To Sue NFL

Reaction Score
I expect that in a generation, maybe two, football at all levels will be very different.
It already is, in the not too distant future it will be totally unrecognizable.

Reaction Score
I expect that in a generation, maybe two, football at all levels will be very different.

I said that very thing to my wife this afternoon.

The sport as it's been known is going to do a slow death spiral.

I know kids in jr high who think flag football is suitable surrogate for football. My nephew who is 15 is one of them - I say to my wife without hitting it's not footballl it's playing catch or some damn thing.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I said that very thing to my wife this afternoon.

The sport as it's been known is going to do a slow death spiral.

I know kids in jr high who think flag football is suitable surrogate for football. My nephew who is 15 is one of them - I say to my wife without hitting it's not footballl it's playing catch or some damn thing.

Stupid kids who don't want concussions. Idiots.

Reaction Score
sue anyone and everyone....

Pathetic abuse of the system.
Will be interesting to see how this ends up in the Massachusetts court system.
On one hand, he signs a multi million dollar contract. ... hmmmm. Then
Commits first degree Murder living life large.... but he had CTE so let's blame somebody.... but not him.. wow...this is all so sick.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
CTE couldn't have helped him out, but he was messed up from college days. didn't he shoot a guy in the face in Tallahassee pretty soon after he got there? Was that a CTE issue? Not sure the guys at Bristol Central could have given Aaron CTE...

Reaction Score
In other words "It's not his fault he was a murderer." Yes, it really was his fault. I don't care if he had the brain functionality of a 67 year-old man. A 67 year-old man knows not to kill people. Or kill himself. And have we really come to despise the wisdom of age that much?

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, this is the society we currently live in. Nobody is responsible for their own actions. Blame others. Sue the deep pockets.

Aaron Hernandez lived a tragic life and maybe he would have turned his life around had he gone to UConn to play with his brother DJ who could have mentored him.

It appears Hernandez' family is broke and needs the money. Although I sympathize with the family, I hope they don't win this lawsuit as it seems to imply the bad behavior of current and past football players is the fault of the game of football. I don't believe that, but if you sue in a liberal state like Massachusetts, you may win.

By the way, who didn't know that repeated blows to the head was a LT health problem? Haven't boxers had head problems that we called punch drunk?

Reaction Score
In other words "It's not his fault he was a murderer." Yes, it really was his fault. I don't care if he had the brain functionality of a 67 year-old man. A 67 year-old man knows not to kill people. Or kill himself. And have we really come to despise the wisdom of age that much?
A 67 year old man with CTE. This board is shockingly stupid.

Reaction Score
Stupid kids who don't want concussions. Idiots.

Come on man, that's not remotely what I said.

Flag football isn't football - the sport of football is dying, should it, I have no idea, but it is - very difficult to combat the wave of continual negative news about the health issues associated with the game the legacy of old guys that are hobbling around aren't great for perception either.

Suing the NFL in this case is absurd - but if there's a way for some to make a buck off of this someone will - sad, but true.

Reaction Score
Come on man, that's not remotely what I said.

Flag football isn't football - the sport of football is dying, should it, I have no idea, but it is - very difficult to combat the wave of continual negative news about the health issues associated with the game the legacy of old guys that are hobbling around aren't great for perception either.

Suing the NFL in this case is absurd - but if there's a way for some to make a buck off of this someone will - sad, but true.
You must think suing the NFL in any CTE case is absurd?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom