OT - A Texas town of 20k (Prosper) is about to build a $50m high school football stadium | The Boneyard

OT - A Texas town of 20k (Prosper) is about to build a $50m high school football stadium

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Not shocking in Texas towns like that shutdown for Friday night football..

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Which is why we should never ever stop poking the recruiting weeds in Texas...

From the wiki page, notable people. I was really surprised. Way more athletes than nobel laureates.

upload_2017-7-19_15-13-35.png

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
By no means trying to drag this to the cesspool, I'm not that guy. But, like this makes me shake my head the older I get. Something about how wealth is distributed to our public schools is very, very wrong.

And I understand these are mostly private funds but it still doesn't sit right with me when I know plenty of inner city CT teachers who have to personally buy basic school supplies for most of their class.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I live in Collin County. My son played football in the district with the Allen and McKinney high schools (both with $70 million stadiums). Needless to say, football is a huge deal here. Generally, I believe that's a good thing. There are worse things teenage boys could be doing than playing football. The parents and communities look forward with great anticipation every year to cooler weather and football in the fall, which is similar to Northerners looking forward to warmer weather and baseball in the spring. The money is there for the stadiums. I see nothing wrong with this.

It's actually refreshing to see community spirit alive and well here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom