OT: a song from a single artist--Moody Blues | The Boneyard

OT: a song from a single artist--Moody Blues

Reaction Score
I think this song and video captures the beauty and magic of the Moody Blues very well:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You're stretching it now. Not a huge fan, but I did like this one.

I'm a Singer In a Rock and Roll Band

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Oh yeah?! They don't like you either.
I don't dislike them. I had Voices In The Sky. They are just not in my top 100-200 artists. I guess not in the R&RHOF's top 317 either??? ;)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
It's hard to post just one. I tend to prefer John Lodge to the others, so here's one of my favorites of his, from A Question of Balance:

I could just as well have posted Ride my see saw, Steppin in a slide zone, Emily's song. . .

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Can't figure out how to post a link from my phone but...
My all time fav
In your wildest dreams

Reaction Score
Maybe, but they're not.

That's only because I suspect the RRHOF "committee" is filled up with a bunch of 20/30 somethings....and it would explain why there are so many trash groups in the hall.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They are coming to the Oakdale next month. I hope they do Ride My Seesaw.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
That's only because I suspect the RRHOF "committee" is filled up with a bunch of 20/30 somethings....and it would explain why there are so many trash groups in the hall.

But Yes did finally make it this year. Awhile back I was having a discussion with my (30-something) nephew about the Moodies not being in the hall. I said, "Jethro Tull's in the hall of fame, why not the Moodies?" He said he didn't think JT were in the hall, and he was right. So, at that point, no Yes, Tull, or Moodies, you'd think the Hall favored less artistic music. Then I looked, and Grand Funk Railroad and Three Dog Night weren't in. I have no idea what the criteria are.

Oh, and Yes were voted in by the public (along with Journey), not a committee; I'm not sure how they got on the ballot for public balloting, whether that was committee or petition. Steppenwolf were on the ballot, too; I voted for them and Yes often.

Reaction Score
But Yes did finally make it this year. Awhile back I was having a discussion with my (30-something) nephew about the Moodies not being in the hall. I said, "Jethro Tull's in the hall of fame, why not the Moodies?" He said he didn't think JT were in the hall, and he was right. So, at that point, no Yes, Tull, or Moodies, you'd think the Hall favored less artistic music. Then I looked, and Grand Funk Railroad and Three Dog Night weren't in. I have no idea what the criteria are.

Oh, and Yes were voted in by the public (along with Journey), not a committee; I'm not sure how they got on the ballot for public balloting, whether that was committee or petition. Steppenwolf were on the ballot, too; I voted for them and Yes often.

It's a major puzzle, Jethro Tull, Moodies, and Little Feat are not in. Three highly distinct and talented groups that have been completed ignored. They finally elected Laura Nyro a few years back, so maybe there's some hope....maybe.

Reaction Score
It's a major puzzle, Jethro Tull, Moodies, and Little Feat are not in. Three highly distinct and talented groups that have been completed ignored. They finally elected Laura Nyro a few years back, so maybe there's some hope....maybe.
Who in the heck is Laura Nero??????

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think the current biggest omission is The Monkees. They don't have a chance as long as Jann Wenner is alive. Kinda like Rizzuto not making the HOF until Charlie Gehringer died.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Eh probably not. Seems like a lot of the "Nominating Committee" are older. The voters include all the HOF Inductees, again most of which would be older (to get into the HOF).

You can check out the Nomination Committee and see.

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominating Committee | Future Rock Legends

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom