OT: A Romantic Date | The Boneyard

OT: A Romantic Date

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Have you ever tried Dunn’s River off Main? The food there is great

I actually don't really like Dunn's River. I've tried it a couple of times but always found Carl's to be better

Reaction Score
I actually don't really like Dunn's River. I've tried it a couple of times but always found Carl's to be better
Gonna try Carl’s next. Will let you know what I think.
Nothing like good Jamaican food though.

Reaction Score
Saz on the Berlin Turnpike just recently opened up, another Jamaican place. This might spur me on into trying it.

Anybody try Humacao’s on silver lane?

Reaction Score
just picked up some Jamaican food from Carl’s on silver lane. Got it for take out and eating in the parking lot at the rent with yams. Field is looking good boys
Curried goat with rice and Red Stripe beer. Mmmmm ....

Almost as good as hot Durban lamb curry with a Castle Milk Stout.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Curried goat with rice and Red Stripe beer. Mmmmm ....

Almost as good as hot Durban lamb curry with a Castle Milk Stout.

I got the curried goat. I’d definitely recommend Carl’s!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Saz on the Berlin Turnpike just recently opened up, another Jamaican place. This might spur me on into trying it.

I’d hurry up. 6 months is about the average lifespan in that spot.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

I’m a big, big fan of Carl’s. Used to hit it up weekly when I was working in East Hartford. Humacao obviously isn’t Jamaican but it’s very good too.

Being a big Carl’s fan (and Jamaican food in general), I was pumped for Saz on the Berlin Turnpike...

Yikes.

It was the blandest food I had ever eaten. I was expecting Carl’s and it was a far, FAR cry from Carl’s.

Reaction Score
I’m a big, big fan of Carl’s. Used to hit it up weekly when I was working in East Hartford. Humacao obviously isn’t Jamaican but it’s very good too.

Being a big Carl’s fan (and Jamaican food in general), I was pumped for Saz on the Berlin Turnpike...

Yikes.

It was the blandest food I had ever eaten. I was expecting Carl’s and it was a far, FAR cry from Carl’s.
Or as Jamaicans say in patois the food was fresh= unseasoned.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
UMBear would be proud of you right now but slightly disappointed you didn't find a way to dine on the 50yd line.

Don’t believe UMBear and I ever crossed paths on the board, but I’ve heard he was a staple figure on the yard

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
There’s a Jamaican spot near Wood n Tap in Vernon. Only went once but it was delicious.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Gonna try Carl’s next. Will let you know what I think.
Nothing like good Jamaican food though.
I left Connecticut in 1986 and I don't remember Jamaican food being a thing back then. Maybe I've been gone too long. I'll have to try some next time I'm "home".

Reaction Score
I left Connecticut in 1986 and I don't remember Jamaican food being a thing back then. Maybe I've been gone too long. I'll have to try some next time I'm "home".
Going strong at the West Indies Club on Albany Ave. Upstairs for lunch on weekdays. Not really sure if membership was required or not, but a bunch of us at the office were invited by a colleague who was a member. The parallels with South African food were obvious.

Reaction Score
I’ve never been myself, but a coworker likes to bring in food from Peppers in EH and it’s pretty darn good. Beef patties and coco bread FTW!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom