OT: A Rod Goes Lance Armstrong on MLB | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: A Rod Goes Lance Armstrong on MLB

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
In a certain sense I agree with Ice on the opposite side of the fence - I'm a serious Yankee fan but never liked ARod (even before the drugs). Have been other Yankees I had no use for, as well. OTH, as much as I might dislike the SOX in theory, Yaz was one of my favorites in his era and I liked several others around that time and I'm sure there are other players more recently I would also like (I don't follow baseball game by game anymore).

It is true that there ARE players I don't like that I would like if they played for me, but it isn't automatic.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
There was a day when baseball mattered and was the pinnacle of USA sports, but that has bled away over the last thirty years. The designated hitter was a terrible idea to keep legs gone power hitters in the game. Musical chairs rosters bled away fan support. A certain south Florida team's demonstration of how you can buy and as quickly sell a championship (twice no less) and the whole never ending drug culture of the game are major contributors to the decline of MLB. The rise of the NFL and the NBA has bled off talent and it is not coincidental that the largest decline in MLB fan base is black Americans. The process of diluting the game has also included the process that has made it the unending season - late winter to mid-fall.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Nonetheless, Rocky, it was baseball I was watching this afternoon not the NFL. One always remembers their first love. ;-)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong, Icebear, as a Little Leaguer who threw heat, I still love the drama of Fall Ball. But Baseball has a lot to do to stay relevant. Ticket and concession prices are out of line. I could go on and on, but to avoid a stoning I will cease!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong, Icebear, as a Little Leaguer who threw heat, I still love the drama of Fall Ball. But Baseball has a lot to do to stay relevant. Ticket and concession prices are out of line. I could go on and on, but to avoid a stoning I will cease!
Oh, I agree but I still love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc