OT: A possible future power conference | The Boneyard

OT: A possible future power conference

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
So we all know that the Big 12 and Pac 12 have expiring TV contracts around the same time. What is to stop the best brands from each merging to form the final power conference?
West: Oregon, Washington, Stanford, Cal, UCLA, USC
East: Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Arizona, Colorado, Utah

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Good god.

Please stop.

No one is being thrown out of the Pac12.

And you should just punch yourself in the face for thinking Utah would make the theoretical cut over Arizona State.
State flagship, and it would be a new conference; no one is getting thrown out.

Reaction Score
Forget the punch. Close the garage door on your head.
Hey fish I was at In N Out yesterday . Near San Tan Shopping Center Gilbert

There was a guy there with a Throat Punch tee shirt on

You weren’t by chance in Gilbert AZ yesterday.
or are you lincensing these shirts.

Tell that idiot that ASU football has twice as many fans as U of A
The Devils also moved ahead if the Tucson folk on the Academic ladder.
Okay I took Spanish at ASU when I first moved here so I’m a bit biased
Unfortunately the South America Spanish I learned is barely recognizable by the Mexican population. Who knew the Mexican’s didn’t speak real Chilean Spanish.
Over a million people of Mexican decent in the Phoenix area and a Chilean is teaching Spanish only in America.
All kidding aside
The AZ schools are actually joined at hip by our legislature and no one is going anywhere without the other.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Possible BY tee shirt?
6ff58b39e0be7112d1a07b3d46efae26.jpg

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Hey fish I was at In N Out yesterday . Near San Tan Shopping Center Gilbert

You weren’t by chance in Gilbert AZ yesterday.
or are you lincensing these shirts.

Tell that idiot that ASU football has twice as many fans as U of A
The Devils also moved ahead if the Tucson folk on the Academic ladder.
Unfortunately the South America Spanish I learned is barely recognizable by the Mexican population. Who knew the Mexican’s didn’t speak real Chilean Spanish.
Over a million people of Mexican decent in the Phoenix area and a Chilean is teaching Spanish only in America.
All kidding aside
The AZ schools are actually joined at hip by our legislature and no one is going anywhere without the other.

I have actually only been in Arizona for like an hour and that hour was about 20 years ago.

I do know someone way up in the administration of Arizona and they do look down on ASU.

Reaction Score
All kidding aside

Chile, generally speaking, has some of the worst accents in regards to Spanish. I would not recommend anyone learn in Chile. Or Mexican Spanish where they sing too much when they speak. Or El Salvador with too much slang, though they are great people.

Spanish from Bogota is some of the most neutral you can learn, I would go with that. It is the easiest for non Native speakers. Maybe Ecuadorian. For sure not coastal areas (Cartagena, Panama, etc.)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Chile, generally speaking, has some of the worst accents in regards to Spanish. I would not recommend anyone learn in Chile. Or Mexican Spanish where they sing too much when they speak. Or El Salvador with too much slang, though they are great people.

Spanish from Bogota is some of the most neutral you can learn, I would go with that. It is the easiest for non Native speakers. Maybe Ecuadorian. For sure not coastal areas (Cartagena, Panama, etc.)

What about Spain? That would seem to be the best source.

Reaction Score
A fun game:

Have someone read the title of the thread followed by the last message and have them offer up their best explanation for how we arrived here.

Reaction Score
What about Spain? That would seem to be the best source.
I find it easier to understand people in most parts of South America or parts of Central America, to be honest.

Reaction Score
Ahhh...but that's the wonder of it....it's not the destination, it's the journey. And when, sometimes, there is no immediate destination, the journey becomes the story.

Heck, for forty years a group once wandered in the desert trying to find a new conference and related wondrous stories of following columns of fire, of talking to burning bushes (they had no key tweets).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom