OT - 70 to 31, Memphis v. UConn | The Boneyard

OT - 70 to 31, Memphis v. UConn

Reaction Score
Saw this headline. Thought, what the he77 is that? That can't be basketball, I'd have known if it started. I don't know squat about Lacrosse, but I don't think that score would be possible. Not women's basketball - no way they lose by a large margin. What other sport could make a headline score on ESPN?

Then I look more closely and I see, "Arkiel Newsome," which I recognize as an RB name on the football team.

OMG. Pascualoni and Diaco, what have you done?

Reaction Score
Glad you at least spelled one name right.

As for what they've done, the results speak for themselves.

Reaction Score
Why? Does that have a lot of value to you?

Nope, but it’s an indicator that you don’t follow the team much at all and are only making this comment because you saw the score posted on ESPN or something. People who frequent this board already know the problems with this program so you’re just preaching to the choir, friend.

Reaction Score
Nope, but it’s an indicator that you don’t follow the team much at all . . . .
Listen man - I'm completely guilty as charged. Back in the RE1 days I watched every weekend and I was into the program. When PP was hired, I knew immediately we were in deep crap - my father had rented units to his players way back in Danbury when he coached WestConn, and I knew the guy was a terrible coach. So at that point I lost interest. When Diaco was hired, I had hope, and I followed the team through until about 1/4 of the season last year, at which point, I did some triage with my time/energy and took UConn football off of my must-watch list. I am waiting for RE to have 3 years to build the team before I go all-in again.
The point to all that is just to give some backdrop, because I didn't even know UConnFB was playing last night.
I posted the score on the Basketball Board, with an "OT", and went out to get a beer. Apparently a Mod immediately moved the thread. It was relevant to the basketball forum, where many posters, like me, don't follow football at all, and where many posters would have found the result interesting in a we're-getting-sucked-down-the-vortex-with-sinking-ship way.
That's all. I would have preferred that the thread got deleted than moved to the FB board where it would obviously chafe the regulars. Not my intent, and I'm sorry about that, but I wasn't responsible for it getting posted there.

I don't know how to spell PP? I'm not unhappy about that, and I'll never move to remedy that.
So what's my sin? I don't know how to spell Arkeel Newsome? Hang me high if you must.

Reaction Score
Listen man - I'm completely guilty as charged. Back in the RE1 days I watched every weekend and I was into the program. When PP was hired, I knew immediately we were in deep crap - my father had rented units to his players way back in Danbury when he coached WestConn, and I knew the guy was a terrible coach. So at that point I lost interest. When Diaco was hired, I had hope, and I followed the team through until about 1/4 of the season last year, at which point, I did some triage with my time/energy and took UConn football off of my must-watch list. I am waiting for RE to have 3 years to build the team before I go all-in again.
The point to all that is just to give some backdrop, because I didn't even know UConnFB was playing last night.
I posted the score on the Basketball Board, with an "OT", and went out to get a beer. Apparently a Mod immediately moved the thread. It was relevant to the basketball forum, where many posters, like me, don't follow football at all, and where many posters would have found the result interesting in a we're-getting-sucked-down-the-vortex-with-sinking-ship way.
That's all. I would have preferred that the thread got deleted than moved to the FB board where it would obviously chafe the regulars. Not my intent, and I'm sorry about that, but I wasn't responsible for it getting posted there.

I don't know how to spell PP? I'm not unhappy about that, and I'll never move to remedy that.
So what's my sin? I don't know how to spell Arkeel Newsome? Hang me high if you must.

Look, no offense intended. You just caught us on a bad night/morning.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom