OT: 50 State Postcard Race | The Boneyard

OT: 50 State Postcard Race

Reaction Score
I have a younger cousin (4th grader) who lives in MA. For her Social Studies project she is trying to get postcards from all 50 states. I know many of you BYers live outside CT so I’m appealing to you to help, if you’re willing! Right now she has postcards from MA, ME, NH, FL, NC, SC, VA, CA, PA, Oregon.

From Teacher:
The sender could include an interesting fact that would be wonderful to share with class.

Example: Hi Isabella! I live in the good old state of Texas.
I hear your class is doing the 50 states postcard race. That sounds like it’s going to be so much fun. Did you know that Texas produces almost all of the wool in the U.S. Texas got its name from the Caddo and Hasinais Indian word "tejas" meaning "friends" or "allies." The armadillo is the official state mammal and my state is also known as “The Lone Star State.” Good luck with the race!

If anyone is willing to help, you can PM me so I can give you the address. Thanks!

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I want to run this by you@UConnTrumbull first.
Hi Isabella! I live in the broke state of Illinois. We might not be a state by the time this postcard reaches you because Moody's is in the process of downgrading to non state status. Did you know that Illinois produces the most politicians who have gone to the federal penitentiary than any other state. I know you're young but put that in your pipe and smoke it. Illinois is a native American word meaning "get out now" or "sucker". Our new state mammal is the incoming governor, a large animal with uncharacteristically deep pockets. Our state is also known as West Connecticut. Isn't that the darnedest thing. Good luck, Isabella!

Reaction Score
I want to run this by you@UConnTrumbull first.
Hi Isabella! I live in the broke state of Illinois. We might not be a state by the time this postcard reaches you because Moody's is in the process of downgrading to non state status. Did you know that Illinois produces the most politicians who have gone to the federal penitentiary than any other state. I know you're young but put that in your pipe and smoke it. Illinois is a native American word meaning "get out now" or "sucker". Our new state mammal is the incoming governor, a large animal with uncharacteristically deep pockets. Our state is also known as West Connecticut. Isn't that the darnedest thing. Good luck, Isabella!
Perfect! Always important for elementary school kids to learn that life sucks and we, along with everyone we love, will die one day!

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I'm sorry but as a former New Jersey resident I'm going to have to call you on the "most politicians sent to federal penitentiary" boast. I see some New Yorker's raising their hands as well.

Reaction Score
Thanks everyone for your help...

Edit: got one from Washington state. Maybe there is some hope in the BY!

Last edited:

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
How did this lovely original post about sending postcards to a 4th grader degenerate into a thread about political corruption? Yikes! I've always known that Boneyarders are right up there with the best of them in their ability to go off topic, but this one has my head spinning. :eek:

Reaction Score
Hi Isabella! I live in the good old state of CT.

I hear your class is doing the 50 states postcard race. That sounds like it’s going to be so much fun. Did you know that Hartford has recently had one of the highest murder rates (per 100,000 citizens) in the entire country!? And we have the Mark Twain House! In "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn", he used the n-word 219 times! What fun!

Good luck with the race!

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Let me know if you still need NY.

I already did New York, with a postcard of the Statue of Liberty. I can't speak for UConnTrumbull, but maybe his cousin would like to receive a second card from New York.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom