RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
An athletic super star made his presence known:

Red's 1st Stake win.jpg

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Is that a horse with a TN mask showing off the new TN post move?

Reaction Score
Is that a horse with a TN mask showing off the new TN post move?
Touche'---but the comment makes Rocky Touchy.
It would appear these horses may show Holly's horse how to Race to the post--and score once in a while.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Except that I'm not aware that Secretariat raced on July 20 1972.

You are right. The website I took it from got it wrong. It was August 16, 1972. Here is a grainy view of the race.

And a better view of things:

SanfordL.jpg

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
In spring 2014 my wife and I went to the Regionals in Louisville (UConn went to Nebraska that year I think) and took a side trip to the horse country one day. If you ever get out there be sure to take a tour of one of the stud farms... We went to Claiborne Farms, home of Secretariat and a lot of other champions. Fabulous tour hosted by the grooms on site who directly benefit from the tourists. It's also home of an Equine Cemetery where Secretariat is interred along with other notable champions. Secretariat's grave is covered daily with fresh flowers... Amazing that so many fans still feel the love for him. A true champion.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I cried when he crossed the line at Belmont. The single greatest athletic performance I've ever seen. He was so far past the other horses, he wasn't racing against them but rather against immortality....and he won that one, too.

You and a whole lot of other folks had tears on their cheeks. I missed the race, but caught a replay. He was a freak. We'll never see the likes of him again. Saw him at Claiborne when he was still prime. A sight to behold. He knew he was all that and more. I'd heard that said of him and low and behold it was true. I'm never going to get over the wonder I feel whenever I think of Big Red.

Reaction Score
Got me to look it up again. And yes, not ashamed to admit that tears still flow. This is transcendent greatness. pure and simple.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I cried when he crossed the line at Belmont. The single greatest athletic performance I've ever seen. He was so far past the other horses, he wasn't racing against them but rather against immortality....and he won that one, too.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Never saw before or since such a move as he put on everybody in the Preakness; put them all in the rear view mirror from last dead quick and told them to go fight for 2nd place.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Never saw before or since such a move as he put on everybody in the Preakness; put them all in the rear view mirror from last dead quick and told them to go fight for 2nd place.
He was the first horse I'd ever seen that used to turn, face the cameras, then pose. He'd earned the right to be a diva.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom