OT - 40 Facts | The Boneyard

OT - 40 Facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
#12 is very interesting... LINK

#12 is a lot of baloney. I've spent a lot of time in California and I wasn't even born in 1922. BTW - I thought the golden bear, which is a member of the black bear family, was the Cali state animal. If I really gave a damn, I would check on it.

Reaction Score
#12 is a lot of baloney. I've spent a lot of time in California and I wasn't even born in 1922. BTW - I thought the golden bear, which is a member of the black bear family, was the Cali state animal. If I really gave a damn, I would check on it.
From your name tag, I thought you might be from somewhere around Lake Superior and living on a Chippewa reservation.

The Grizzly bear is the CA state animal. It is is a brown bear, not a black bear. Regarding the Golden Bear you might be thinking of the school Cal Golden Bears. I think the golden refers to the school color, not a type of bear. I don't think there is a Golden Bear species, although the Grizzly can look golden in certain light.

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
From your name tag, I thought you might be from somewhere around Lake Superior and living on a Chippewa reservation.

The Grizzly bear is the CA state animal. It is is a brown bear, not a black bear. Regarding the Golden Bear you might be thinking of the school Cal Golden Bears. I think the golden refers to the school color, not a type of bear. I don't think there is a Golden Bear species, although the Grizzly can look golden in certain light.

Actually, I have a daughter-in-law who is 100% Cree from the Northern Nation in Eastmain, Quebec. I've been waiting for her reply to my request for the Cree name for a grizzly. I would much prefer it to the Ojibwa title the mods conferred upon me.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Probably should be the word for grizzled rather than grizzly.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

Some grizzlies are known as blonde phase grizzlies. It is more than just the sunlight they are actually a golden yellow.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Some grizzlies are known as blonde phase grizzlies. It is more than just the sunlight they are actually a golden yellow.
Do yellow bears make the snow yellow?

JS

Reaction Score
Do yellow bears make the snow yellow?
No more than other bears.

Their distinction is that, when they find yellow snow, they like to lie down and make "snow-bears" in it.

You'll wonder where the yellow went . . .

Snow%20Angel.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom