OT 32 year Anniv of Jordan's 63 v. Celts (my Uconn memory) | The Boneyard

OT 32 year Anniv of Jordan's 63 v. Celts (my Uconn memory)

Reaction Score
So just had a social media pop up of Jordan's 63 v. Celts. I know this sounds like a Good Will Hunting knock off, but I was living on 3rd floor of Nathan Hale Hall ..first or second year at Uconn. Had a Irish roommate, 4th generation family working on trash trucks in Boston, great hockey player (played for then club team at Uconn .. when in High School played on same line as a future NHL Hall-of-Famer .) Okie of course is a huge Cs fan, gets these playoff tickets from his bookie as a pay off. Celebrates like wins the lottery of course. Convinces some kid on floor he barely spoke to to lend him his car to drive into Boston. Gets drunk better part of the day (kind of our normal) (I forget if a class in session day or not ..really didn't matter old Okie didn't make many classes in his one year) Leaves for the game ... So other roommate and I are watching this amazing game 2 OTs on TV just can't believe our good friend, roommate is witnessing history. Hours of .. damn can't believe XXX is there for this.

Old (name left out for discretion) rolls in next day late .. we great him at dorm room door so excited. He tells us got faced. Some "copper" arrested him throwing a bottle couple blocks from the Gaahden and fact he got into cops face (later comes out.) Had some blow he got for game in pocket ...spends night in jail ...missed entire game ..owes brother for bond money now.

I didn't keep in touch with my old roommate ..but damn that was great year at Uconn. Think of my old roommate with a lot of drunken memories every time this game and the Jordan performance comes up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom