OT: 30 for 30 | The Boneyard

OT: 30 for 30

Reaction Score
i really wish that espn would put together a 30 for 30 over the history of UConn men's basketball. i think that the content is there for one and for two i feel like it would build our brand and help with recruiting. i know we are in a bad state right now but i don't think too many kids understand the history of connecticut basketball and how we rose to the top. thoughts?

Reaction Score
ESPN doesn’t want put together 30 for 30s. Independent filmmakers submit them.
I’m sure they feel the big east one was sufficient even though our dominance was overlooked by the rivalries of 20 years ago.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If there is a UConn one it’ll be another SU grad making one about the demise of a once plucky little program.

Reaction Score
Only if the episode ends after the 2014 championship. I don’t want to relive the last four years of Uconn men’s basketball.

Knowing ESPN, I'm expecting a 30 for 30 on the downfall of the Men's basketball program any day now.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
For all interested in this, I would recommend reading "Shock the World." It chronicles UConn's rise to prominence during the Calhoun era.
Easiest read ever. Don't think I've ever read a book faster in my life. Probably killed it in three or four sessions over two or three days.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Easiest read ever. Don't think I've ever read a book faster in my life. Probably killed it in three or four sessions over two or three days.
If you haven't read "Tuff Juice" yet, that's another good one to check out. I think I read it even faster.

Reaction Score
Would anyone outside of the state of CT want to see this? What's the angle where they would want to tune in?

Reaction Score
No thanks, I don't trust ESPN to bother to get the facts right. Don't know how many times I've read how we "left" the Big East to join the AAC or other some such nonsense.

Reaction Score
No thanks, I don't trust ESPN to bother to get the facts right. Don't know how many times I've read how we "left" the Big East to join the AAC or other some such nonsense.

exactly what I was thinking. They are a hack organization and don't want them doing the usual botch job on something I actually care about.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
exactly what I was thinking. They are a hack organization and don't want them doing the usual botch job on something I actually care about.
This isn't happening and I wouldn't trust them to treat UConn fairly given the history, but in general the quality of the 30 for 30s is excellent imo.

Reaction Score
This isn't happening and I wouldn't trust them to treat UConn fairly given the history, but in general the quality of the 30 for 30s is excellent imo.

I seem to remember a 30 for 30 about the history of the Big East that didn't mention UConn........

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I seem to remember a 30 for 30 about the history of the Big East that didn't mention UConn...

I understand that documentary was more about the rise of the league in the 1980s, but the fact they barely mentioned the program with the most league titles and national titles was fairly egregious.

It was more of Syracuse vs. Georgetown rivalry documentary than anything else.

Reaction Score
I understand that documentary was more about the rise of the league in the 1980s, but the fact they barely mentioned the program with the most league titles and national titles was fairly egregious.

from the ESPN website

Launched in 1979 -- the same year that ESPN was born -- the Big East used the burgeoning cable TV channel and the media as a whole to help spread its gospel and product to fans and future players across the country. But "Requiem For The Big East" is also a tale of change as the super conference eventually found itself in a new era fighting for survival.

Requiem For The Big East - ESPN Films: 30 for 30

Reaction Score
Are pictures?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I seem to remember a 30 for 30 about the history of the Big East that didn't mention UConn...
Yes, that was brutal. All the others I have seen have been excellent.

Reaction Score

Hmmmm I wonder if anyone else mentioned that? But yeah. Booo! ESPN. Why so much hate the home team?

Reaction Score
A story about the program who lost the most from conference realignment is pretty interesting. From the top of the big east and investing millions into football, to playing late night conference road games in Tulsa.

Reaction Score
Would anyone outside of the state of CT want to see this? What's the angle where they would want to tune in?

Pretty much my question as well. UConn men's basketball doesn't have the pull for a 30 for 30. I'm not even sure say, Kansas does. It's a niche sport so you have to be over-the-top memorable to get one of the slots.

I think @Guapo is right that a Geno/Calhoun thing is your best bet, which would be annoying as hell. Also annoying is women's college basketball.

Reaction Score
Agree that The rise of UCOnns mens team of the early 90s is an interesting story. Disagree about Geno/Jim. think nearly zero People outside of Connecticut would care about how those two guys do or do not get along. It is not a special relationship. It probably was not good emough, bad enough or weird enough to matter.

Reaction Score
It's an interesting story, but nationally, I think few would care.

I'm probably in the minority who found Requiem fascinating. I get that it was advertised as a history of the Big East, but it was really about the 1980s Big East so why would we be mentioned?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom