OT- 30 for 30 Brian and the Boz | The Boneyard

OT- 30 for 30 Brian and the Boz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Love the ESPN 30 for 30 series and this was one of the best. Caught most of it last year and just finished watching the whole thing. Bosworth only played a little more than a season in the NFL but had one of the most interesting sports careers ever. He created a ridiculous persona that brought him more fame then any 22 year could imagine and also brought him a great deal of anguish. I was just a kid when he was at OU so all I really remember was the over the top persona and thought he was probably overrated because of all the reactions I heard from the older people around me at the time. The guy was an absolute force on the football field and was ahead of his time as a self marketer. The special does a great job of showing the real Brian along with the Boz character he created and how diametrically opposed they are. So much of what he did was based off of an inability to please his dad, it turns out the real Brian Bosworth is an incredibly likable guy.

Reaction Score
Love the ESPN 30 for 30 series and this was one of the best. Caught most of it last year and just finished watching the whole thing. Bosworth only played a little more than a season in the NFL but had one of the most interesting sports careers ever. He created a ridiculous persona that brought him more fame then any 22 year could imagine and also brought him a great deal of anguish. I was just a kid when he was at OU so all I really remember was the over the top persona and thought he was probably overrated because of all the reactions I heard from the older people around me at the time. The guy was an absolute force on the football field and was ahead of his time as a self marketer. The special does a great job of showing the real Brian along with the Boz character he created and how diametrically opposed they are. So much of what he did was based off of an inability to please his dad, it turns out the real Brian Bosworth is an incredibly likable guy.

Thought this was one of the better ones. I loved this guy and the way he played, loved those OU teams, Switzer, Jamelle, Jackson, all of them, they were great. Just think if Aikman never got hurt against Miami in 85 Jamelle would have stayed on the bench and the option would have never come back. Happy to see where he is today and I agree infinitely likeable.

Reaction Score
I had a breakfast meeting at a hotel in Beverly Hills a couple weeks ago and the Boz was waiting at the valet stand when I went to get my car. I had just watched the doc a few nights before and mentioned it to him and he could not have been a nicer guy. Shot the ___ for ten minutes about the movie, his career, etc.

Reaction Score
I'm going to have to watch this, I always assumed he was a jerk in every way. Glad to know I was wrong.

Reaction Score
Watching that was an interesting experience, particularly because you could see how much his awful father defined all of his weird insecurities that manifested in such bizarre ways.

Reaction Score
I had a breakfast meeting at a hotel in Beverly Hills a couple weeks ago and the Boz was waiting at the valet stand when I went to get my car. I had just watched the doc a few nights before and mentioned it to him and he could not have been a nicer guy. Shot the ___ for ten minutes about the movie, his career, etc.
That's awesome, you can just tell he's a cool guy who's at a very good place in his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom