OT - 2015 Coaching Carousel | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT - 2015 Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Dazzler just lost his OC - kid is headed to NFL as QB coach for Eagles.

Reaction Score
Harbaugh at Michigan just grabbed one of the hottest coaches in North Jersey to join his staff in Ann Arbor as his new Recruiting and Operations coordinator. He turned down a similar job at Rutgers. Good for Coach Partridge, bad for Rutgers.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/c...ic-football-coach-hired-by-michigan-1.1262303

In twist, Blake Costanzo, a former Niners player under Harbaugh is now the new coach at Paramus Catholic.

Reaction Score
Harbaugh at Michigan just grabbed one of the hottest coaches in North Jersey to join his staff in Ann Arbor as his new Recruiting and Operations coordinator. He turned down a similar job at Rutgers. Good for Coach Partridge, bad for Rutgers.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/c...ic-football-coach-hired-by-michigan-1.1262303

In twist, Blake Costanzo, a former Niners player under Harbaugh is now the new coach at Paramus Catholic.

He didn't actually turn down Rutgers - they pulled the offer when other a few of the other "power" schools reacted - still interesting what a battleground for talent NJ has become. (http://the-boneyard.com/threads/jam...way-to-recruit-an-area-consistently-is.71334/)

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Thats Harbaugh for ya - Just said F*uck You to the NJ HS FB Coaches Association and said this guy/coach is talented and if you dont like him and arent going to send your student athletes to the fine institute called University of Michigan, thats a loss to your student athlete.

Good for Harbaugh - Go suck it NJ HS FB Coaches Association - and the CT FB HS Coaches Association too - your childish grudges are only hurting the student athletes - grow up and get over yourselves.

CT HS FB coaches have bitched about Edsall, the UConn AD for not giving PP more time and Northwestern this week - no grudges there, huh?

Reaction Score

Fair point about the politics of Jersey football and I can see Flood concerned about losing power with Partridge on his staff at Rutgers. But, listening to Greg Toal complain about Partidge poaching players is hilarious. The guy has been doing it himself for decades. He's just mad that Paramus Catholic is no longer an easy win for the Ironman.

As for the Publics, they are trying to get some revenge by messing with the Catholic's national 'title' aspirations by threatening to forfeit their games against the Big 5 (Don Bosco, Paramus Catholic, Bergen Catholic, St. Joe's Montvale, St. Peter's) due to injury concerns. Bosco and company now pull in players from as far north as Middletown NY and as far south as New York City and Elizabeth NJ. Basically any town where a kids can get to Bosco and the others by train. The publics can't compete with that. Even Wayne Hills, one of the strongest traditional publics is calling for forfeits. And I can understand why. Eastside, a pubic from resource poor Paterson, is stuck in the same division as Don Bosco due to its size (Group V) and lost 56 to 6 to Bosco in 2014 and lost, according to some report 4 starters and several reserves, toin jury during the game.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/football/eastside-s-choosing-safe-road-1.1190412?page=all

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
So, where does that leave UConn? Quinn or Molnar now for OC? What about TJ? No recent news on any of them that I can find. Looking for for an announcement from HCBD soon now that NSD 2015 is in the books.

Reaction Score
So, where does that leave UConn? Quinn or Molnar now for OC? What about TJ? No recent news on any of them that I can find. Looking for for an announcement from HCBD soon now that NSD 2015 is in the books.
NSD just happened today. I am glad an announcement didn't come today. Today is about the future student athletes and their commitment to Uconn. The announcement will come in due time. As many have said, in congruence with what happened when the initial staff was hired. They probably have their man, just waiting on an announcement. Let these young men enjoy and have their day before we jump into everything else.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
NSD just happened today. I am glad an announcement didn't come today. Today is about the future student athletes and their commitment to Uconn. The announcement will come in due time. As many have said, in congruence with what happened when the initial staff was hired. They probably have their man, just waiting on an announcement. Let these young men enjoy and have their day before we jump into everything else.
Totally agree. That's why I waited until tonight to pose the OC question.

Reaction Score
Totally agree. That's why I waited until tonight to pose the OC question.
Yet you still posed the question today, on NSD, on the tail end of it, but it's still National Signing Day 2015. Lets wait a day. Give these kids a full day, its about them and only them (program included of course). We've has seen and read reports we will get word following NSD. Give it more than 3 hours after Diaco's press conference welcoming his current recruiting class.

Reaction Score
Yet you still posed the question today, on NSD, on the tail end of it, but it's still National Signing Day 2015. Lets wait a day. Give these kids a full day, its about them and only them (program included of course). We've has seen and read reports we will get word following NSD. Give it more than 3 hours after Diaco's press conference welcoming his current recruiting class.

How is he taking the day away from the kids talking about who our new OC is/or should be?

Reaction Score
How is he taking the day away from the kids talking about who our new OC is/or should be?
Today is National Signing Day. It's all about the future athlete's of every program in the country. Don't make a significant hire and announcement on a day like today to take away from these kids moments. It's all about them today.

Reaction Score
Today is National Signing Day. It's all about the future athlete's of every program in the country. Don't make a significant hire and announcement on a day like today to take away from these kids moments. It's all about them today.

We're all aware today is NSD "BNich". cttxus isn't taking anything away from the future huskies by simply asking who will be the next OC.

Reaction Score
We're all aware today is NSD "BNich". cttxus isn't taking anything away from the future huskies by simply asking who will be the next OC.
Ok "UconnFamily". No reason to put my username in quotations. I know you're talking to me. But he's asking on the day of. Give it a day. Let's talk about the kids and their accomplishments, their future here at Uconn, before anything else. The off season is long. Today is about about the kids not about the staff.

Reaction Score
Ok "UconnFamily". No reason to put my username in quotations. I know you're talking to me. But he's asking on the day of. Give it a day. Let's talk about the kids and their accomplishments, their future here at Uconn, before anything else. The off season is long. Today is about about the kids not about the staff.

Lol... Sorry if I hurt your feelings by quoting your name I didn't mean anything by it.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
In my mind, complaining about posting about the OC vacancy the night of NSD when all official business has been completed is the equivalent of complaining about the tone of Diaco saying "serve your state". Ease up.

Reaction Score
Temple changing things up a bit as well...

ThayerEvansSI11:10am via Twitter Web Client
Former Atlanta Falcons QBs coach Glenn Thomas joining Temple in same role per source.

ThayerEvansSI 11:14am via Twitter Web Client
Temple OC Marcus Satterfield will now also oversee RBs instead of QBs & Owls RBs coach Tyree Foreman not retained per source.

ThayerEvansSI 1:01pm via Twitter Web Client
Story on former Atlanta Falcons QBs coach Glenn Thomas joining Temple in same role & staff changes.
http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/02/15/temple-owls-hire-glenn-thomas-qb-coach

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr