Orlovsky on shift to Big East: UConn banking on basketball (Hearst) | The Boneyard

Orlovsky on shift to Big East: UConn banking on basketball (Hearst)

Reaction Score

Click here if you have trouble accessing.

>>As far as Orlovsky is concerned, there is no perfect destination for UConn football, especially now that dreams of competing in the ACC or Big 12 are seemingly dead.

“The best route is to go back in time,” he said. “The best route is to somehow find their way into a conference that is realigning and get Notre Dame in the ACC as a football program. That’s the best route. The likeliest is probably going independent.

“Conference USA? Look at the geographic ties of Conference USA. Where does UConn fit? The MAC? Look at the geographic ties. Where does UConn fit? The question isn’t, what is the best route? The question is, what is the most realistic route?”<<

>>“I’m sad,” Orlovsky continued, “but at the same time, I understand why the decision was made. If you’re going to bet a horse, bet basketball. I get it.”<<

Reaction Score
“I honestly think this was really mishandled a decade ago,” Orlovsky said, “from administration down when they had the opportunity to make sure that they got into one of those conferences that were realigning.

There are still some here who think there was nothing UConn could have done. One of the best athletic programs in the county circa 2003-2014 and ended up as the biggest loser at the end of a decade long musical chairs.

Orlovksy knows better. Only wish he named and shamed them.

Reaction Score
There are still some here who think there was nothing UConn could have done. One of the best athletic programs in the county circa 2003-2014 and ended up as the biggest loser at the end of a decade long musical chairs.

Orlovksy knows better. Only wish he named and shamed them.
People on the basketball board: "WE NEVER HAD A CHANCE!!!1!11!!!1!"

Reaction Score
regardless, from here on in, Edsall needs to change his offensive mentality.
We need to play like Mike Leach. Get people excited.
It's 2019, Coach. Let it loose!

Absolutely the quickest way to make UConn football relevant again. We had a brief bit of fun in the '17 season with Shirriffs throwing the ball. Too bad defense sucked.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Or you can be Army and not throw the ball and be ranked 25th nationally.
I know how to make a million dollars and not pay taxes. First, make a million dollars...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom