Orlando | The Boneyard

Orlando

Reaction Score
2 weeks until annual Feb vacation trip to Orlando. I think we'll do at least 3 days at parks...

On our list for this year:
1. Discovery Cove - Pricey, but great warm water lazy river, cold/salt swimming with lots of fish & dolphin experience, kids loved the all-you can eat, parents all-you can drink!
2. Volcano Bay Water Park - Best water park, intense slides and fun water coaster run on magnets
3. Aquatica Water Park - little more crowded, lots of rides though, just get there early or pick cooler day

Others?
Legoland was kids favorite when they were younger, now ages 8,12,15 so I think its history. Worth the drive though for ages 5-10/11
Universal we did last year and were underwhelmed, too many movie experience rides - kids weren't up for the most intense roller coasters. Place designed to make you waste time walking around & line shortening scam is necessary but entire thing is way overpriced.
Disney - Was just never for us, must do when kids are 3-5yrs old I guess
Sea World - Ho hum unless you do their big roller coaster rides
Busch Gardens - haven't tried this

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Discovery Cove is the best thing down there.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
For real? I went 35 years ago and the best part was the beer.

Indeed it is! 5.00 beer is cheaper that what a typical tourist trap would offer, and the booze comes from all over the world. I still liked the cultural aspect to it as well.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I like animal kingdom, cool ambiance (and beer) and now you have the Avatar attraction. Hollywood studios used to be our half-day with pool time. Now with Star Wars and the new Toy Story areas, it’s probably almost worth it.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
What about Kennedy Space Center? I haven't been there since a kid, but planning to go there on our upcoming trip to Orlando in the spring.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
What about Kennedy Space Center? I haven't been there since a kid, but planning to go there on our upcoming trip to Orlando in the spring.
That's definitely a fun place to go, it's a little over an hour away. You can also see manatees and birds/alligators nearby. If you have kids, better if they're over 10 I'd say. Mine were 7/5 and while there were fun moments it's a lot of adult-nerdy-fun.

Reaction Score
That's definitely a fun place to go, it's a little over an hour away. You can also see manatees and birds/alligators nearby. If you have kids, better if they're over 10 I'd say. Mine were 7/5 and while there were fun moments it's a lot of adult-nerdy-fun.
My 15yr old veto'd it, he'd gone with his grandfather last summer. Bottom line for most boys is they are looking to have fun, experiences, adrenaline rush etc. so unless there are interactive moments its hard to compete with the parks. That said my sister in law took her younger kids to Kennedy Space and they had 'lunch with an astronaut' which I'm sure will be memorable for her kids.
Our new, extra thing this year was a day trip to Vero Beach and playing in the ocean. Water was warm compared to Cape ocean temps in summer and waves were pretty fun.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom