Orlando Sentinel ranks UConn #100 | The Boneyard

Orlando Sentinel ranks UConn #100

Reaction Score
I think that is a very fair ranking. Hoping when the season is over we are significantly higher.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Fair assessment.

Surprised how many P5 teams are behind UConn...

Oregon State
Syracuse
Kansas
Illinois
Vanderbilt
Colorado
Oregon St gets a lot of slack when it comes to undeserving P5 schools.

Reaction Score
Fair ranking given two straight 3-win seasons, but I disagree with this line: "Edsall’s return was supposed to spark a return to winning ways, but victories have been elusive."

It's not reasonable to proclaim Edsall's return has been below par, as this line insinuates, since he's only been here for one year and took over a roster completely devoid of talent. Not to mention a couple of plays here and there go another way and we're 5-7 instead of 3-9. Lots of work to do but way too premature to be using lines like "was supposed to spark a return to winning ways."

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The first two sentences are a factual error.

Edsall’s first year they were 4-7.

I stopped there.

Reaction Score
This should be an interesting year. We could end up at 6 wins. I won't be surprised.

Reaction Score
UConn is what its record says they are. A three win team and it'll be the same this year unless something really surprising happens. But that is why they actually play the games. Something surprising could happen although most of us would not bet our 401(k)'s.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
How in the world can we be ranked ahead of Syracuse? We’ll be at least a 2 TD dog to them in the CD.
A middling offense, porous defense, injuries to starters and lack of talented depth has led Syracuse to lose all of its November games during the past two seasons.

Those doubts will continue to affect Syracuse next season and make the Orange the last-ranked ACC team in Orlando Sentinel college insider Matt Murschel’s preseason 2018 college football rankings.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see how we battle with the last 20%... Syracuse, Tulsa, UMass, ECU all listed there. Our baseline for the season should be to win these - if they are our nearest competition, we need to start with wining our neighborhood.

If we can win most or all, then the goal can be how we compete against the next 40%.

Build it back. One block at a time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom