Orlando City | The Boneyard

Orlando City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Credit to Orlando City, 63K plus at the Citrus Bowl, predominantly dressed in purple, drums beating, chanting, sounds like a good atmosphere. Now they just need to get the result My brother is at the game, will get his take on the atmosphere tonight. Oh, and NYC FC management... that sound you hear in the background are drums, you should reconsider your decision to ban them from your home games.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
A little OT but are NYCFC games going to be carried live by YES? If not, who will? We currently get Revolution games on CSN but it would be nice to have another teams games shown on top of the few National games we get.

Also, who carries Redbull games?

Reaction Score
YES (Fox) has a deal w/ NYC FC, if MLS doesn't have them on ESPN. Not sure about Red Bulls.

Reaction Score
Watched some of the Orlando game at Sporting Park waiting for our game to get started.

Was not surprised to see that Collin got the Red Card. I am glad we offloaded him.

Sporting Park which is always full for MLS games was the fullest I have ever seen it. Last weekend was a snowstorm, this weekend it was 71 at first kick. Go figure.

Was really surprised to see Besler get sent off for ticky tack crap.

I don't think there is a better sport to see live. Timbers come to town in two weeks. Can't wait.

Reaction Score
http://www.espnfc.com/major-league-...oup-have-inside-track-to-join-mls-reports-say

Minnesota United is a virtual lock to get promoted to MLS. And I just find it amazing that common sense has prevailed. Given that MLS has so many NFL owners I was thinking that the Vikings owner would get it.

Minnesota just makes tons of sense. I think the article points out that TV loves the Central Time Zone. It also brings in big corporate partners like Target into the fold.

Apparently there is a stadium plan that is very solid that does not involve playing on turf or in a dome.

Reaction Score
http://www.espnfc.com/major-league-...oup-have-inside-track-to-join-mls-reports-say

Minnesota United is a virtual lock to get promoted to MLS. And I just find it amazing that common sense has prevailed. Given that MLS has so many NFL owners I was thinking that the Vikings owner would get it.

Minnesota just makes tons of sense. I think the article points out that TV loves the Central Time Zone. It also brings in big corporate partners like Target into the fold.

Apparently there is a stadium plan that is very solid that does not involve playing on turf or in a dome.

This is good. I have the sense that the McGuire family and his co-investors are serious about soccer and would do what is needed to have a successful club whereas the Wilf family is just looking for another revenue stream for their NFL football stadium, a model that outside of Seattle has a proven track record of failing.

And yes, that a shout of to the Kraft family whose Revolution won't have a stadium in place until 2026 or so (after the proposed Boston Olympics) and to Mr. Blank of the expansion MLS Atlanta expansion team.

I am glad that Las Vegas is off the table for the next (2024) round, also. Just too tough to play soccer in Vegas through the summer (hello, Qatar!). Only if Miami could also fall off the tabel, too, as that city just does not support pro sport teams well, along with LA II as having 2 LA teams is just anise. That would leave Sacramento, St. Louis, and San Antonio as the leading candidates, all seem to really support soccer.

Once market I am surprised has not been raised as a potential expansion target is Charlotte or Raleigh. Growing southern cities, with a lot of transplants, established soccer teams (women's pro, UNC, Duke, UNCC, etc.) and limited summer sports competition.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Really happy if this comes true. Really was worried they'd go with the Football stadium Minnesota team. Think it's a terrible idea.

Now, if they'd only go with Sacramento or San Antonio and scrap the other LA team they'd get something right!

Is there currently a USL or NASL team in North Carolina? Do they draw at all?? I think MLS is smart for tapping teams that current;y draw well and have a strong fanbase already in place based on their current USL or NASL teams

Reaction Score
Really happy if this comes true. Really was worried they'd go with the Football stadium Minnesota team. Think it's a terrible idea.

Now, if they'd only go with Sacramento or San Antonio and scrap the other LA team they'd get something right!

Is there currently a USL or NASL team in North Carolina? Do they draw at all?? I think MLS is smart for tapping teams that current;y draw well and have a strong fanbase already in place based on their current USL or NASL teams

NASL has the Railhawks. USL has the Charleston Battery in South Carolina.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
NASL has the Railhawks. USL has the Charleston Battery in South Carolina.
Do the Railhawks draw well? I can look up the numbers but I wasn't sure if anyone knew more then just the stats. I'd imagine that outside of a stadium plan, MLS would like to have a team that already draws well.

Thinking back to my post before, I think I'd pass on San Antonio. I know they might pull the Mexican population in but I think we all saw how that worked with Chivas. They never pulled in that audience. Having three teams in Texas is a bit overkill and I'd rather see them expand into other regions.

Reaction Score
Do the Railhawks draw well? I can look up the numbers but I wasn't sure if anyone knew more then just the stats. I'd imagine that outside of a stadium plan, MLS would like to have a team that already draws well.

Thinking back to my post before, I think I'd pass on San Antonio. I know they might pull the Mexican population in but I think we all saw how that worked with Chivas. They never pulled in that audience. Having three teams in Texas is a bit overkill and I'd rather see them expand into other regions.

Railhawks were the team that beat Landon Donovan and the Galaxy in the US Open Cup for two consecutive years. I think they do ok, but they are the last NASL club owned by Traffic which is a company that has no interest in doing business the MLS way. This is the same Brazilian owned company that promotes the Gold Cup, Copa America and the CONCACAF Champions League.

I still have a hope that the NASL continues to prosper and that it grows into something like the AFL. It would be cool to see it merge or have it sold to MLS with two divisions and promotion and relegation.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
He can't be serious about going beyond 24...at some point they need to consider making this two different leagues. I know the relegation debate has been had forever and there's likely a 0% chance of it happening. However, at some point you are going to water down something that is already shaky in terms of a product. Supply is going to outdo demand. It's great that soccer is growing but it would suck to see them kill it by going too big too soon.

Even if soccer was in the top 3 sports in this country, more than 24 teams in the league would be way too big.

Reaction Score
He can't be serious about going beyond 24...at some point they need to consider making this two different leagues. I know the relegation debate has been had forever and there's likely a 0% chance of it happening. However, at some point you are going to water down something that is already shaky in terms of a product. Supply is going to outdo demand. It's great that soccer is growing but it would suck to see them kill it by going too big too soon.

Even if soccer was in the top 3 sports in this country, more than 24 teams in the league would be way too big.

I think they are just addicted to getting $125 Mil per expansion team. At least that's what LA II was rumored to have paid.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

I read somewhere recently that there is beginning to be talk about a MLS1 and MLS2 with promotion and relegation.

Reaction Score
I read somewhere recently that there is beginning to be talk about a MLS1 and MLS2 with promotion and relegation.

Yeah, that was just speculation based on IF the league could get to 40 teams.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Maybe that would give Hartford a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul