Reaction Score
k1ngratch Darius Ratchford

@aoriakhi34 step your game up bro!
1 hour ago

in reply to ↑

@aoriakhi34 Alex Oriakhi

@k1ngratch stfu
16 minutes ago via Echofon

I'm sorry but the kid should delete his account. If you can't handle some kid with 100 followers asking you to step your game up, then get off twitter. Boo hoo.....you had a rough game and you have lost minutes over some immaturity. Take it for what it is, play your hardest, earn back what's yours, and get through this. Don't step off the court and immediately run to your phone to check what your followers are saying about you. This is just stupid.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i love ao. during the off season he is great social media wise to follow as a fan between recruits chats with kids who become friends and just uconn stuff and player lifestyle. but during the season he is to emotionally involved to be posting anything on twitter. he needs to have a 2 hour rule. after any game wait 2 hours before saying something. gives himself a chance to chill out/relax after being hyped/game ready/atmosphere etc..

Reaction Score
Can or should a college coach ban kids from doing Twitter? At least during the season? Alex continues to do himself a disservice with this nonsense. Grow up or put the social media toys away.

Reaction Score
Completely agree with some sort of two hour rule (cooling off period). Sometimes we forget that these are 20 and 21 year old kids.

Reaction Score
Completely agree with some sort of two hour rule (cooling off period). Sometimes we forget that these are 20 and 21 year old kids.
...............who also are addicted to social media. Its a part of their life I guess.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Who cares is right. Maybe fans shouldn't needle him after a big win.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Twitter is pretty much useless. There's nothing significant you can do with it that can't be done with Facebook.

Reaction Score
all the 'who cares' stuff is old man talk.

its the way things work now, like it or not. social media is like a press conference, you can't just spout off. its not just 'obsessive fans' that read it. its also kids, alumni, donors, media members, other teams coaches and players, it's family members, scouts, etc.

he also just tweeted at someone else who said basically he should be playing more and replied 'u ain't never lie'.

just dumb and not a good sign that he's learning from this.

Reaction Score
Twitter is pretty much useless. There's nothing significant you can do with it that can't be done with Facebook.

not true at all.

twitter has completely changed many industries from marketing to finance to news media.

a guy like Darren Rovell has made a sustainable career because of twitter. there are thousands of other similar examples, but he's the easiest to use.

Reaction Score
The key distinction lies in the control that the user has. With Facebook, the default is that you approve anyone who wants to read your feed. With Twitter, the opposite is true. It's a huge difference -- we would all have to be friends with AO in order to read his comments on Facebook.

Reaction Score
k1ngratch Darius Ratchford

@aoriakhi34 step your game up bro!
1 hour ago

in reply to ↑

@aoriakhi34 Alex Oriakhi

@k1ngratch stfu
16 minutes ago via Echofon

I'm sorry but the kid should delete his account. If you can't handle some kid with 100 followers asking you to step your game up, then get off twitter. Boo hoo.....you had a rough game and you have lost minutes over some immaturity. Take it for what it is, play your hardest, earn back what's yours, and get through this. Don't step off the court and immediately run to your phone to check what your followers are saying about you. This is just stupid.

I'm sorry, what does this "stfu" even mean?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
It is clear that AD is just a better player and AO needs to pick it up or he can kiss his minutes goodbye. I like AO and we need him to contribute to have a special season. Rather than sulking and complaining he needs to win time by off-setting AD's natural athletic ability advantage with extra effort and being a beast on the boards.

Reaction Score
Did AO really just call Calhoun a "mumu" on twitter, I.E. pu**y? This is not good.

Reaction Score
Well, we know why the team isn't playing well. Keep in mind that Olander got way more minutes than either AO or Roscoe. Calhoun is trying to send a message. AO doesn't appear to be getting it. He isn't competing with Drummond for PT. He is competing with Olander and Roscoe.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Did AO really just call Calhoun a "mumu" on twitter, I.E. pu**y? This is not good.

It's actually Nigerian slang for idiot ... yikes!

EDIT: Didn't see this already posted

Really really like Alex ... but I gotta say I'm a little disappointed in his attitude. I know it's tough right now ... but he needs to keep his head down (or up) and work even harder.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the media doesn't pick up on this, but internally these guys just have to think of "don't tweet it if you wouldn't say it live on CBS right after a game." It's not fair, but it's just reality.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
What he says on twitter has importance because some people believe it has importance. Personally I'd prefer people give greateer weight to what people do than what they say, but I've been at odds with people about this long before facebook and twitter.

I'm more uncomfortable that AO may be digging himself in a hole that he won't be able to get out of. The more he says, or the more reaction he has over criticism , the less likely he'll put his energy into developing his game. Instead he'll focus on JC and/or his team mates as the reasons for not playing well or for not getting enough playing time.

I hope the kid can get past this.

Reaction Score
Well, we know why the team isn't playing well. Keep in mind that Olander got way more minutes than either AO or Roscoe. Calhoun is trying to send a message. AO doesn't appear to be getting it. He isn't competing with Drummond for PT. He is competing with Olander and Roscoe.

Yep, we could have used the old Oriakhi today.

Guess Goodluck Okonoboh is a question at this point.

Reaction Score
It's actually Nigerian slang for idiot ... yikes!

EDIT: Didn't see this already posted

Really really like Alex ... but I gotta say I'm a little disappointed in his attitude. I know it's tough right now ... but he needs to keep his head down (or up) and work even harder.

My bad, I saw a couple definitions, wasn't sure which one. Either way, ripping your Hall of Fame coach is a good way to get you on a bus to Hofstra like his buddy. Coming into the season I would have figured Oriakhi would have been the last one to give us trouble off the court. He seems like a great kid, but he needs to stfu and play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom