Oriakhi/coombs tweets | The Boneyard

Oriakhi/coombs tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thought i'd share this potential bad news brewing on the twitter world. Coombs tweeted Alex saying something to the affect of "I cant belelive they got alex coming off the bench, 2 year starters wheres the loyalty" & alex tweeted directly back to him saying "i know thats sum bs"

i know its just twitter but thats dumb to put out there on AO's part. You know someone on the uconn staff will see that and relay it to JC. It should be interesting to see what comes of it. It concerns me a little. What do you all think about this?

oh and here is their twitter handles if you wanna see for yourselves

Coombs- JCM4MG

AO- aoriakhi34

Reaction Score
Obviously he should be pissed off, but he hasn't been playing that great. I can't imagine he doesn't know that. It's good that he is pissed, hopefully it'll light a fire under his ass.

Reaction Score
Whats Coombs tryin to start something because of bad blood toward Uconn now?

Reaction Score
And Jeremy Lamb shouldn't be yanked out of a game 5 seconds into the second half, but you know what? Message received. Jeremy and the team turned it up a notch. Now it's up to Alex to make a statement. The non-Twitter type..

Reaction Score
I just hope this is just a stupid thing we wouldnt even know about if twitter existed cause if Jimmy finds out and says something I dont want Alex to freak a and leave like his buddy coombs did. I doubt it will come close to that thought. I like AO. He should bounce back from this, although I wish he was a little little more physical, he could be a carbon copy of Jeff Adrien if he was a little more of a monster down low. He showed signs in March of this so hopefully he finds it again

Reaction Score
Keep in mind too that Jamal Coombs-McDaniel and Oriakhi are best friends and have been for years.

Reaction Score
If Coombs has something to say to his friend he should do it privately over the phone not in the public domain otherwise shut the hell up. AO needs to be smarter. People should take a 24 hour cooling-off period before putting anything the least bit controversial on Twitter. There's no denying it or pulling it back. I expect a friendly chat with JC in the near future.

Reaction Score
coombs is probably pissed because he realized he isnt NBA material and when he came to Uconn and expected to play 30+ minutes a game he didnt

Reaction Score
just a case of a kid who wishes he was in the Bahamas right now and not sitting in some dorm room at hofstra waiting to play for another year. Prolly realizes he made a mistake and figures he can stir up some trouble to get back into the spotlight.

Reaction Score
just a case of a kid who wishes he was in the Bahamas right now and not sitting in some dorm room at hofstra waiting to play for another year. Prolly realizes he made a mistake and figures he can stir up some trouble to get back into the spotlight.

I watched Jamal Coombs-McDaniel's tweets for a long time. After he left the team, you could definitely tell there was some jealousy between him and his teammates. He wouldn't come out and say anything directly bad, but you could definitely read between the lines that he kinda felt like he got a raw deal, that he was good enough to succeed at UConn, that he'd prove himself at Hofstra, etc.

Wouldn't surprise me if he gets at least a small amount of satisfaction seeing AO riding the pine in favor of a freshman like Jamal Coombs-McDaniel did when Roscoe came.

Reaction Score
I watched Jamal Coombs-McDaniel's tweets for a long time. After he left the team, you could definitely tell there was some jealousy between him and his teammates. He wouldn't come out and say anything directly bad, but you could definitely read between the lines that he kinda felt like he got a raw deal, that he was good enough to succeed at UConn, that he'd prove himself at Hofstra, etc.

Wouldn't surprise me if he gets at least a small amount of satisfaction seeing AO riding the pine in favor of a freshman like Jamal Coombs-McDaniel did when Roscoe came.

It definitely doesn't seem like he left on great terms. I though Coombs had a chance to be a real good player at UConn, but in order for that to happen he needed to pay his dues and listen to Calhoun. Clearly he opted to take on a bigger role at a smaller program where he can put up 15 shots a game, and I have no problem with that. Whenever the team was going through the championship type ceremonies Coombs always seemed to be missing though (most notibly the trip to the white house). Won't be the first or the last time a player disagrees with Calhoun's style, but I'll take the results.

caw

Reaction Score
Man, I dunno why kids post stuff to public forums like this. I also don't know why it seems some people go out of their way to instigate stuff.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Thought i'd share this potential bad news brewing on the twitter world. Coombs tweeted Alex saying something to the affect of "I cant belelive they got alex coming off the bench, 2 year starters wheres the loyalty" & alex tweeted directly back to him saying "i know thats sum bs"

i know its just twitter but thats dumb to put out there on AO's part. You know someone on the uconn staff will see that and relay it to JC. It should be interesting to see what comes of it. It concerns me a little. What do you all think about this?

oh and here is their twitter handles if you wanna see for yourselves

Coombs- JCM4MG

AO- aoriakhi34
Maybe Alex should box out, grab some rebounds, and show an ability to catch a pass this year and maybe he wont be coming off the bench. Hes dropping EVERYTHING this year. I know he doesnt have great hands, but man have they been bad this year. His intensity (which is really all it comes down to with him) has been poor this year as well. Hes gotta pick it up. Your the captain Alex, show some leadership. Set an example and play harder and JC will reward you.

Reaction Score
AO isn't in the same sentence as Jeff Adrien. Adrien is a warrior and AO is inconsistent/softy.

Reaction Score
AO shouldn't of responded on twitter. If I'm anyone close to AO im bummed at the way hes played this season and pissed that he isn't playing more. I am just thinking if that was my brother getting 15min I be pissed. The situation will handle itself we need AO to play better than he has been.

Reaction Score
Jamal Coombs-McDaniel - The first incident with this guy was something or other - bitching at JC about coming out of the game. Then there was the tweeting about wishing he hadn't come to UConn.

I, for one, was very happy to hear he was leaving. In the end, we probably don't have Drummond without him leaving - maybe not DD either. So it worked out great.

Jamal Coombs-McDaniel is a head case and will always be a head case. He's got the Randy Moss mentality without the Randy Moss skill level, and it shows every time he opens his mouth.

"Where's the loyalty?" That question, in three words, summarizes Jamal Coombs-McDaniel's thought process - it suggests that starting is a question of seniority, not skill and effort.

Enjoy Hofstra - look for a union or govt. job when you graduate so that you won't feel snubbed when a harder working person with more skill who follows directions better and is committed to the success of the business gets a promotion in front of you.

Didn't like him before he left. Didn't like him when he left. Don't like him even more now.

Reaction Score
coombs is probably pissed because he realized he isnt NBA material and when he came to Uconn and expected to play 30+ minutes a game he didnt

Jamal Coombs-McDaniel wouldn't get off the bench with Daniels on this team, wouldn't see the light of day. He should worry about getting his work done and seeing if he can play in whatever lowly conference he'll be in next year..............as for Alex - loyalty? Where's yours? A promise of a huge junior year, mor of what we saw in Maui and the tourney run and you come out like wet fart? No denying your minutes for now as there are many playing better - the numbers speak loudly against crappy teams. I like Alex but if he's going to proclaim to the world on twitter he's pissed well then I am too as a fan. I expect more heart from him and expect him to take this message to the level he needs to. Earn it back and play with fire not 3 pts and 2 rebounds against yet another group of 6'5" guys.

Reaction Score
In today's Courant, JC talks about AO having a tough matchup vs. UNCA's quick, experienced guards.

Reaction Score
As a parent of children in their 20s, it continues to amaze me that younger people don't realize that just because you can have an email discussion about things with a friend doesn't mean you can have the same conversation with them on twitter.
How hard is it to understand the public nature of social media?

That having been said, AO will start trying to reach his considerable potential every game or he won't. If he doesn't, this will get bad whether it's discussed on Twitter or not, because JC is not going to let him go through the motions for the next two years because he already has a ring.

Reaction Score
Alex seems to go through this period each year to some degree. He'll bring it as the competition gets tougher.

Reaction Score
zXXGd.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member