Oregon WBB receives notice of allegations from NCAA | The Boneyard

Oregon WBB receives notice of allegations from NCAA

Reaction Score
Looks like they self-reported the “extra workout” violations in MBB & WBB. Academic misconduct in track & field looks a lot more serious.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
"Graves was charged with failure to properly promote an atmosphere of compliance. The charge comes from the strength and conditioning staff members participating in on-court drills and assisting in voluntary workouts outside the presence of the coaching staff."

Color me underwhelmed.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I hope that it doesn't become a distraction for the teams.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Obviously not good, but seriously the NCAA is overbearing in some these things. The academic part is very serious as it should be. The basketball items seem minor at best.

This all goes the NCAA's credibility, which isn't worth much.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Agree with Plebe, sounds like small potatoes re women`s BB.

Oregon, my second favorite WCBB team. A distant second, but second nonetheless.

Reaction Score
Obviously not good, but seriously the NCAA is overbearing in some these things. The academic part is very serious as it should be. The basketball items seem minor at best.

But don't forget that ALL of their rules are proposed by member schools and are approved by a vote of member schools. The regulations in the bylaws are what the member schools want.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
But don't forget that ALL of their rules are proposed by member schools and are approved by a vote of member schools. The regulations in the bylaws are what the member schools want.

Stamford - I am well aware of how the NCAA is set up and functions. Doesn't mean I have to agree with them and their credibility is pitiful.

Reaction Score
meanwhile HS football recruits, who just signed letters of intent, just starting driving new cars.... nothing for the NCAA to see there

You don't think that happens in men's college basketball?

Reaction Score
The NCAA's pattern and practice has been to come down hard on misdemeanors and ignore felonies.
Well they have to punish someone to maintain the illusion that they are a rule enforcement agency. Bullies usually only pick on someone who can not or will not fight back. Unlike what Theodore Roosevelt's suggested they prefer to talk laud and carry a feather duster.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Yeah, my bad, FIFA not FIBA
I heard of FIBA. My post was to let you know that I did not know that FIBA was a bad organization. Now, I have not heard of FIFA. What does that stand for?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

Unless you are from UNC, then there is no punishment.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I heard of FIBA. My post was to let you know that I did not know that FIBA was a bad organization. Now, I have not heard of FIFA. What does that stand for?
Federation Internationale de Football Association

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom