Oregon @ Washington 2/9 | The Boneyard

Oregon @ Washington 2/9

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I haven't been to a UW game all year, went to a handful of them last season. Watched them take on the Ducks tonight. The Huskies play hard, they give it everything they have. They hung tough for 2 quarters, got blown out in the 3rd, then whittled the lead down to make it look more respectable at the end. The game really wasn't that close. 76-63 final. Hebard completely dominated them. 30 points, hardly missed a shot. I don't think she attempted a shot from more than 2 feet from the rim. She did whatever she wanted down low. UW has no size and absolutely could not match up with her. Has to be the easiest 30 points I've ever seen a player score. Gildon and McGwire were also scoring w/ ease in the paint. Ionescu was really out of it. Hardly looked to shoot, didn't drive much. Pretty much passed the ball off almost as soon as she touched it. They were playing her off the ball mostly, Cazorla really was the PG tonight. Just taking a guess, but I'm wondering if Ionescu has a cold or flu. Just didn't look like herself.

Melgoza and Henson looked good for the Huskies. Not enough fire power overall and again the complete lack of size that hurts them on both ends of the court. It was fun being back at a game again. Decent crowd. Chantel Osahor was in the house tonight, she got a big response from the crowd when they put her up on the big screen.

Reaction Score
I really enjoy watching the Huskies. They play hard, every single possession. The Husky coach will turn this program into a contender. She (coach Jody ??) is fantastic. Watch out PAC12.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Just thinking about the game some more, Melgoza has a bit of Plum in her game. Similar size, not the fastest or most athletic, but strong and crafty. Can get in the lane, hold defenders off, score in traffic. Also can knock down the 3. I really didn't see any of that potential in Melgoza last year, but she didn't play very many minutes. If she had more talent around her I think she would be getting more publicity. Easy enough to understand nobody is talking about a team that is 1-12 in conference. Borislava Hristova from Washington St. is another really good player stuck on a bad team who doesn't get much publicity.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Watched a replay of this game. Sloot was in the house (presumably to watch her former coach's current team) along w/ Allie Quigley.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom