Oregon Through Four Games | The Boneyard

Oregon Through Four Games

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Their teams that they played are significantly lower mid major teams. 300’s in kenpom. So it’s tough to tell
agreed, just thought it would be nice to see their starting lineup vs ours. We have them in size except Gilbert. We need to get to the FT a lot more. I think I saw that Adams only has 3 FTA so far. He should be taking 10 a game. We also need to hit more threes but not at the expense of our offense. Our defense worries me more than our offense as of now.

But for Oregon I dont know much about them other than they seem long and like to play fast. Heard that from one of the Oregon commentators as I was watching a brief highlight of them. Can't find much video

Reaction Score
agreed, just thought it would be nice to see their starting lineup vs ours. We have them in size except Gilbert. We need to get to the FT a lot more. I think I saw that Adams only has 3 FTA so far. He should be taking 10 a game. We also need to hit more threes but not at the expense of our offense. Our defense worries me more than our offense as of now.

But for Oregon I dont know much about them other than they seem long and like to play fast. Heard that from one of the Oregon commentators as I was watching a brief highlight of them. Can't find much video
If you watched the replay of our 2011 Maui win over WSU
We pounded the ball in and killed them from the FT line
That’s are ticket this year
It was astoundingl how poorly we shot and still won.
They had no answers for a fresh Kemba . He sat most of the first half.

Reaction Score
I was reading a thread on reddit about Bol Bol and Oregon fans were sounding like us, saying they're doomed to lose to UConn, also were talking about somebody tweaking something in their last game and likely not being ready to go. Anyone know about that? I'm all for opposing teams having to sit guys when they play us

Reaction Score
I was reading a thread on reddit about Bol Bol and Oregon fans were sounding like us, saying they're doomed to lose to UConn, also were talking about somebody tweaking something in their last game and likely not being ready to go. Anyone know about that? I'm all for opposing teams having to sit guys when they play us

They were talking about Mich St. guy Bridges.

Reaction Score
Payton Pritchard and Troy Brown are the two to watch out for.

The offense runs through Pritchard. He's quick, can penetrate and spreads the ball around very well.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Oregon through 5 games

4-1

think Cuse and National Championships

Reaction Score
I was going to do a more thorough scouting report thread, but I'll put it in here instead.

Oregon Key Traits:
  • Speed. They play at a really fast tempo on offense, but not a pressing team.
  • Height on the wing. They'll be one of the taller teams we play all season, although mostly due to especially tall guards and forwards. Good athleticism, too.
  • 3-point shooting. They have 7 players who shoot at least 2.5 3's a game, including at least 2 stretch bigs (MiKyle McIntosh and Paul White who does not start). And they make them at a high rate, too.
  • Rest of shooting. They also shoot well from the FT line and the paint, although the paint could be a fluke based on schedule.
  • Inexperienced. They're both a young team AND have a couple transfers as their veterans. They're one of the few teams in the country with less continuity than us from last year.
  • Interior defense. They're top 10 in the country at defending the paint (2pt%) and blocks. They also rebound defensively extremely well. Our buddy Kenny Wooten (of "It's Oregon" fame) is waxing the glass and rejecting everything. Predictably, the midmajors they have been playing have been bombing away from outside instead of venturing into the paint.
  • Depth. They've gone at least 10 deep, but again that probably won't hold against better competition. They've played all blowouts so far, so more run for the end of the bench guys (30+ point leads in all 4 games).
Player Scouting:
  • Troy Brown Jr. Potential one and done-r. Good shooter, but still adjusting to college 3pt line. Plays both big wing positions (and oddly one lineup where he plays point).
  • Payton Pritchard. Floor general and sniper. Alterique/Antwoine will need to be in his grill all game. I'm sure they'll get up for the challenge.
  • Elijah Brown. Senior transfer combo guard and dead-eye shooter. Was a volume scorer at New Mexico, but more cog now.
  • MiKyle McIntosh. Grad transfer. Stretch big, although struggling a bit with his shot. Decent rebounder and rim protector.
  • Kenny Wooten. Noted above, plays rotation guy minutes but having a big impact defensively when on court. Minimal offensive role.
  • Victor Bailey. Freshman scorer off the bench. Will attempt to score from everywhere and draws a lot of fouls.
  • Roman Sorkin. Starting big. Can actually stretch the floor a bit, too. Has been battling a foot injury. Had a big game against worthless Coppin St, but has done basically nothing else in his career.
  • Paul White. Stretch big off the bench. He has a 88% TS% after 4 games (would be top 10 in the country if he played enough minutes to qualify).
  • Keith Smith. Former top 100 recruit, but hasn't shown much last or this year. Got a token start last game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was going to do a more thorough scouting report thread, but I'll put it in here instead.

Oregon Key Traits:
  • Height on the wing. They'll be one of the taller teams we play all season, although mostly due to especially tall guards and forwards. Good athleticism, too.
  • 3-point shooting. They have 7 players who shoot at least 2.5 3's a game, including at least 2 stretch bigs (MiKyle McIntosh and Paul White who does not start). And they make them at a high rate, too.
  • Rest of shooting. They also shoot well from the FT line and the paint, although the paint could be a fluke based on schedule.
  • Inexperienced. They're both a young team AND have a couple transfers as their veterans. They're one of the few teams in the country with less continuity than us from last year.
  • Interior defense. They're top 10 in the country at defending the paint (2pt%) and blocks. They also rebound defensively extremely well. Our buddy Kenny Wooten (of "It's Oregon" fame) is waxing the glass and rejecting everything. Predictably, the midmajors they have been playing have been bombing away from outside instead of venturing into the paint.
  • Depth. They've gone at least 10 deep, but again that probably won't hold against better competition. They've played all blowouts so far, so more run for the end of the bench guys (30+ point leads in all 4 games).
Player Scouting:
  • Troy Brown Jr. Potential one and done-r. Good shooter, but still adjusting to college 3pt line. Plays both big wing positions (and oddly one lineup where he plays point).
  • Payton Pritchard. Floor general and sniper. Alterique/Antwoine will need to be in his grill all game. I'm sure they'll get up for the challenge.
  • Elijah Brown. Senior transfer combo guard and dead-eye shooter. Was a volume scorer at New Mexico, but more cog now.
  • MiKyle McIntosh. Grad transfer. Stretch big, although struggling a bit with his shot. Decent rebounder and rim protector.
  • Kenny Wooten. Noted above, plays rotation guy minutes but having a big impact defensively when on court. Minimal offensive role.
  • Victor Bailey. Freshman scorer off the bench. Will attempt to score from everywhere and draws a lot of fouls.
  • Roman Sorkin. Starting big. Can actually stretch the floor a bit, too. Has been battling a foot injury. Had a big game against worthless Coppin St, but has done basically nothing else in his career.
  • Paul White. Stretch big off the bench. He has a 88% TS% after 4 games (would be top 10 in the country if he played enough minutes to qualify).
  • Keith Smith. Former top 100 recruit, but hasn't shown much last or this year. Got a token start last game.

Oregon Key Traits:
Player Scouting:
Awesome breakdown. Thank you. I am decidedly much better informed now.

Reaction Score

Oregon Key Traits:
Player Scouting:
Great post thanks.

Reaction Score
Oregon has a lot of new pieces right? UConn has been trying to press early and speed up the game, but they like that. Can our guards turn them over in the press? With Adams, Anderson and Vital UConn should have more experience at guard on the floor. Can Larrier guard Troy Brown? Or Polley? It will come down to if UConn can guard them and also score enough early to keep it close or maintain a lead. I'd look for Adams to have a bigger impact than he has shown early. I kind of like UConn in this game. I'm picking a close win for the good guys.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom