Oregon State - South Carolina (Ending) | The Boneyard

Oregon State - South Carolina (Ending)

Reaction Score
For those of you unaware, the ending to the Oregon State - South Carolina game was very wild. Oregon State had a 15-point lead with 6:32 left in the game, but nearly blew it because of the combination of SC hitting shots and OSU turnovers. Te’a Cooper made a 3 with :25 left in the game to tie it up at 68-68. Destiny Slocum dribbled the ball out at half court, closely guarded by Cooper, she slipped, lost her handle, but had an amazing heads up play. As all the SC defenders (except Harris) collapsed on Slocum, she launched the ball down to McWilliams who was fouled by Harris with 1.9 left. She sank both FTs, the Cooper airballed a 3 at the buzzer. I included some clips because I just think it is an entertaining ending.

The foul call on Harris is up for debate as well.

Video links (Embedding wasn’t working so Google Drive link it is)

Full play

Replay

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
You are correct and did a nice job recapping this. I was watching the ESPN gamecast And was shocked a Scott Rueck team played so erratic down the stretch. There’s are also a good slate of game support today topped by Oregon St/Notre Dame tonight 8pm

Reaction Score
Slocum had two huge plays when the buzzer sounded, but not much besides then. Lot of lazy bounce passes she telegraphed and then watched the other team take it and run, but she had two big moments.

Katie McWilliams also lives for big moments. I think this was her 5th game winning, game tying, or dagger to seal it bucket she has made. Hit one vs UCLA, Washington State, Baylor, and Oregon each last year, and now starts off the season with that. Always could to have someone who thrives in clutch situations and they have that in her.

But for those who watched the links, do you agree with the foul call? Tough on SC for it to end like that.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
To squander a 15-point lead in the 4th quarter would have been gravely embarrassing. Somewhat reminiscent of last year's home game vs. Notre Dame where they couldn't close the deal. Except this one was against not so great a team. OSU was plagued by ball insecurity last year, an issue that was supposed to be remedied by Slocum ... or perhaps not. Still, a significant win for an OSU squad who until now had played nobody.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Once again, all of the top teams this year look vulnerable.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I couldn't see the link. I believe those were their only FTs of the 2nd half. Just on principal, I have no issue w/ the foul call. SC shot 3X as many FTs even though both teams were called for about the same number of fouls.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom