Oregon St. @ Colorado | The Boneyard

Oregon St. @ Colorado

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Back and forth game. Colorado up 38-37 at halftime. Buffaloes finished both quarters w/ big runs. 2 straight and-1's to end the half for CU.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
There's only 1 person doing the broadcast. I've watched at least 1 other game where that was the case. So weird. There's no rambling off topic story telling, actually just doing play by play.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I really hate referees. So OSU's 6-8 backup post player grabbed a D board. 2 much smaller Colorado players surrounded her, slapping at the ball, getting plenty of arm and other parts of her, but they refuse to call the reach in foul. Grymek pivots around a bit, trying to get away from the pressure, and catches one of them w/ an elbow. They go review, call an unsportsmanlike, Colorado gets 2 FT's and the ball back, score again. 4 point swing on what should have been OSU possession and a reach in foul against Colorado. HUGE swing there. Incompetence by the refs costs OSU big. Up to that point they had been dominating the 3Q, were up 13.

Okay, rant over.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Okay, refs kinda made up for it. Grymek got swatted, the Colorado player turned and glared at her. Tweet, unsportsmanlike, FTs for OSU.

All OSU in the 2nd half. Up 81-66 w/ about 3 minutes left. After kinda chilly shooting in the 1st half, they are 7-11 behind the arc in the 2nd half, 12-26 for the game. Tudor leading the way w/ 23 points, 3 others in double figures, good contributions off the bench (25 points). 3 different players have hit at least 3 behind the arc. Pivec not scoring much but stuffing the stat sheet w/ 7 reb and 8 assists.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Speaking of stat sheet stuffing, Gulich has 12 pts. 10 reb. 6 blocks 5 assists and 2 steals. I have been so impressed with her this year.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
86-71 final. OSU kept their TOs fairly under control today. McWilliams usually isn't very aggressive on offense but she was looking for her shot today, hit 5-8 3 pointers.

I don't remember ever hearing of Hollingshed from Colorado before, a Fr. post player. She scored 22, including 6-10 3's.

Reaction Score
Thanks NWHoopFan. Big weekend in Corvallis and Eugene next weekend with Stanford and Cal visiting. I'll be at the OSU vs Stanford game Friday. Stanford is playing with a lot of confidence right now. I hope Katie McWilliams keeps looking for her shot, and, I also hope Rueck gives Taylor Kalmer a lot more minutes.

Reaction Score
Thanks NWHoopFan. Big weekend in Corvallis and Eugene next weekend with Stanford and Cal visiting. I'll be at the OSU vs Stanford game Friday. Stanford is playing with a lot of confidence right now. I hope Katie McWilliams keeps looking for her shot, and, I also hope Rueck gives Taylor Kalmer a lot more minutes.

Kalmer had a really good game against Utah. I am of the school to give players the min and get everyone involved early to discover who has the hot hand. Then you keep going to them. There are enough good scorers on that team that the offense does not need to be dominated by single players. McWilliams is another example of someone who was hot from the outside and was given the opportunity to get 3pt shots off this game. You have to feed the hot player when possible. That is what seems to have been missing this season - getting the ball to their hot players. I don't understand why they do not recognize the hot player more. Get them the ball when ever possible.

I think Rueck has been attempting to restructure his offense. Getting Kat out of the corner is one way. She a good ball handler on drives but is weak in getting herself out of traps off the dribble.Most of her turnovers come under those conditions. Her teammates need to recognize that and help her out under those conditions. She also probably needs to work on in close ball handling drills this off season. She has quick feet but does not take advantage of that when she is on the ball. Pivec is a better ball handler but still makes bad decisions on drives getting her trapped under the basket with multiple players on her with no shot and no place to go. Mc Williams actually belongs more in the corner as the shooter. Kat's quick release is easier to negate in the corner. Put her out in the middle of the floor and it makes it more difficult and the attention she gets defensively opens it up for others. Kalmer could be used more at the point. She made some really good decisions these last two games.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Big weekend in Corvallis and Eugene next weekend with Stanford and Cal visiting. I'll be at the OSU vs Stanford game Friday.

That should be a great atmosphere.

I'm planning on going to the UW games the following weekend when they host the Oregon schools. OSU and UO didn't make the trip to Seattle during the regular season last year.

Wow, for Stanford they could either solidify their shot at a conference title...or get knocked almost completely out of the race. Every Pac 12 team that has made the Oregon road trip has gone home 0-2 so far this year. UCLA still has to visit Corvallis and Eugene this year as well.

Reaction Score
That should be a great atmosphere.

I'm planning on going to the UW games the following weekend when they host the Oregon schools. OSU and UO didn't make the trip to Seattle during the regular season last year.

Wow, for Stanford they could either solidify their shot at a conference title...or get knocked almost completely out of the race. Every Pac 12 team that has made the Oregon road trip has gone home 0-2 so far this year. UCLA still has to visit Corvallis and Eugene this year as well.
At this point in the season, the only way OSU Beavers are going to get a top 16 position in the NCAA tournament, and therefore host 1st two (2) games in Corvallis, is not to lose to any team ranked lower than OSU. Which means Beavers must win each remaining game with maybe the exception of UCLA. The BIG 10 teams are getting way to much love from the polls. Maryland & Michigan are ranked above Beavers, and Maryland's & Michigan's remaining schedules are layups. The SEC teams that are fighting for a top 16 (Georgia, Missouri, Tennessee, Texas A&M) all have lots of challenging games left in their season (unlike Maryland & Michigan). PAC12 teams competing for a top 16 position all have challenging games left on their schedule, much like the SEC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom