Oregon St and Baylor Post Game Press Conferences | The Boneyard

Oregon St and Baylor Post Game Press Conferences

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score

You'll need to move the red scroll progress bar back to around the sound icon to see the Baylor Press Conference.

As I post this, Oregon ST conference was live.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
NC St & Miss St Press Conferences. starts at the 12:06 mark.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I was very impressed with Kim Mulkey's complimentary comments about Marie Gulich, the Oregon State center. Mulkey said that Gulich is "more than a senior", that Baylor had no one who could defend her, and that she made her teammates better.

All true. I sense that Gulich's stock in the WNBA draft is rising as she demonstrates that she can play effectively at both ends against players of the caliber of Brown and Cox.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
All true. I sense that Gulich's stock in the WNBA draft is rising as she demonstrates that she can play effectively at both ends against players of the caliber of Brown and Cox.

I would hope high school post prospects are taking note and taking a good long look at Oregon St. as a potential destination. First Hamblin, now Gulich.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I would hope high school post prospects are taking note and taking a good long look at Oregon St. as a potential destination. First Hamblin, now Gulich.

They have a pair of bigs coming next season. 6-9 Andrea Aquino and 6-7 Patricia Morris.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
They have a pair of bigs coming next season. 6-9 Andrea Aquino and 6-7 Patricia Morris.

Yeah I know about those 2. Aquino is fairly highly rated but Morris is under the radar. Maybe not even just bigs, but when they lose recruiting battles to schools like Tennessee, you have to wonder what those kids are thinking. They aren't doing their career any favors.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Yeah I know about those 2. Aquino is fairly highly rated but Morris is under the radar. Maybe not even just bigs, but when they lose recruiting battles to schools like Tennessee, you have to wonder what those kids are thinking. They aren't doing their career any favors.

I feel bad for those Oregon kids that went to Tennessee. Could have stayed home and played for some fantastic coaches and played in the E8.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Also Kim had the courtesy, unlike Muffet, to call Gulich by her name while complimenting her.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

What about their current redwood Joanna Grymek 6-foot-8 center ??

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
What about their current redwood Joanna Grymek 6-foot-8 center ??

She is a JC transfer so only gets 2 years in the program. She gave them some decent minutes off the bench this year but seems fairly limited. Mobility is a limiting factor for her. Hamblin was not quick at all, but Grymek has an even harder time moving her feet than Hamblin by a fair margin. Just can't see her making a big jump next year. Hope I'm wrong. They need to get some production out of her though.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I may post this on the Baylor/OSU thread for others as well: I looked at the stats and a few notable numbers jump out:
Baylor took 71 shots to OSU's 53 and was 25-54 in the paint, missing many "bunnies/layups" by Brown, Morris, Cohen and Cox. That is a bit odd, shots does didn't fall. This then forced Baylor to take more 3's than they usually do- 17 shots and only hit 3 of them, with 2 coming in the last 25 seconds. Cox alone took 2 illogical 3 point shots.

OSU shot 15-33 in the paint and 9-20 from 3-pt line. The other telling stat is rebounds-OSU had 38 to Baylor's 37. Pretty impressive effort by OSU.

I don't think Kim really did anything wrong per se' as her team outshot OSU by 18 shots, lost her point guard, lost her one credible outside shooter Chou to a risk injury and hampered her depth. Not an excuse per se' but still hampering. I don't buy all the other distractions that Kim mentions as that is life as they say. You deal with it and move on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom