Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Grymek has been playing really tough. She's changed some shots, has 10 points on 5-6 shooting.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Grymek has been playing really tough. She's changed some shots, has 10 points on 5-6 shooting.
This is the first game I've watched where I really thought she was a difference maker. I don't think OSU would be staying close without her. She's changed A LOT of shots.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Another shot clock violation for OSU. That's at least 3.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
UO was up 11, pretty much over but OSU has it down to 7. 2:14 left. Ionescu, Hebard and Sabally have all been big. UO has gotten almost nothing else from the rest of the team but it's been enough. OSU only has 2 starters that have been scoring, plus Goodman and Grymek off the bench. Corosdale M.I.A. again.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
6-20 3's tonight for OSU. I remember when they were a great shooting team.

Jeez, Ionescu has been huge tonight.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
77-68 final. Props to OSU for hanging tough.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
29 points 9 assists for Ionescu, 21 points/11 boards for Hebard, 18 points on 5-7 3's for Sabally.

Slocum led OSU w/ 19 (all but 2 in 2nd half), 14 for McWilliams and 12 each for Goodman and Grymek.

Let's do it again on Monday (hopefully different result).

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Oregon defense was very impressive in the second half, especially against Slocum who was playing at a high level. I know Ionescu was top dog, but Sabaly was unconscious from 3, and Cazorla made up in defense for her poor shooting night. Really good game; defense was almost as exciting as the offense.. Oregon State brought it tonight. Too bad PAC 12 plays too late for us East Coasters. Would like to see Anigwe in the next game but I need my beauty sleep.

Reaction Score
Can't wait to be at Gill Monday evening. I can tell you one thing--OSU only gained confidence tonight. Jo Grymek had a game tonight. Sabrina is the best guard I've seen since Sue Bird. She broke OSU's back every time OSU scored. Gotta give her major props. OSU really misses Kat Tudor, as much for her defensive rebounding. OSU showed me a lot tonight. If Rueck incorporates Grymek and Trish Morris more into the lineup, OSU is only going to be better by the time the tournaments start. I may cast my vote on the Monday game. Was pleased to see OSU got some votes. GO BEAVS!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Too bad PAC 12 plays too late for us East Coasters. Would like to see Anigwe in the next game but I need my beauty sleep.

Great observations about the game. This was a game chock full of unglamorous but stellar defensive highlights. Ultimately OU's defense was better than OSU's—never thought I'd say that—and OSU couldn't really solve the amazing guard-wing-post offensive trio of Ionescu-Sabally-Hebard.

As for the beauty sleep: That's why they made DVRs! :)

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Oregon defense was very impressive in the second half, especially against Slocum who was playing at a high level. I know Ionescu was top dog, but Sabaly was unconscious from 3, and Cazorla made up in defense for her poor shooting night. Really good game; defense was almost as exciting as the offense.. Oregon State brought it tonight. Too bad PAC 12 plays too late for us East Coasters. Would like to see Anigwe in the next game but I need my beauty sleep.

I really thought the OSU defense kept Oregon from getting any kind of rhythm for the entire game and for most of the first half thought the Beavers would win. I believe Oregon is at its best when the scoring is more balanced and Ionescu doesn't have do as much as she had to offensively, but OSU took that away pretty handily. I also think Grymek bothered Hebard quite a bit and did more than her part offensively, especially early. You'd think a team that has made a living out of pick and rolls would be able to do a better job defending them, but I suppose it's sort of like pressing teams not necessarily being very good about handling the same. That said, I do think Oregon cleaned things up a bit defensively in the second half.

Slocum is really a handful one on one, but in my view from the stands Oregon State was (mostly) a better team when she wasn't on the floor. She can certainly score on anyone, but, as a point guard, she didn't seem to do as much as one would expect to make her teammates successful and I was never really worried that she would take the game over late. But maybe that's just me.

Finally, if the game will give Oregon State confidence for next Monday, I also think one could argue (I would) that it's as much a plus for Oregon. A bigger margin/easier game might have given the team a false sense of safety going into Corvallis. But they can hardly have that after tonight.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
????

"I'm an unhappy Duke fan, cuz another year and we are still playing like we got one foot in the bucket?

My food pail is empty!

I'm tired of the paper bag with eye holes and I've seen enough anyway.

Duke fan for life, but it's hard.

I need a bigger bucket if you can still tell I'm a Duke fan.

Stop showing me food dammit, I'm on a diet .

None of the above, you dunce Rocky.

triad, the avater is statementy it colors every thing you post.

Reaction Score
---------------------Slocum is really a handful one on one, but in my view from the stands Oregon State was (mostly) a better team when she wasn't on the floor. She can certainly score on anyone, but, as a point guard, she didn't seem to do as much as one would expect to make her teammates successful and I was never really worried that she would take the game over late. But maybe that's just me.-----------------------------------
No it's not just you. Slocum adds a dynamic that Oregon St has never had, but it often comes at a trade off cost. There have been multiple games where Oregon St didn't begin to play well until she was off the floor. She has a tendency to call her own number too many times instead of distributing the ball. This hurts the rhythm and flow of some of the players- Mc Williams and Corosdale, basically non driving shooters, often get frozen out of the offense. McWilliams game has especially been hurt this season. When you have good shooters you need to get them touches when they are open and even when they are not to facilitate offensive flow. Slocum does not do that and that becomes infectious to others.

Rueck has been working on creating more balance with Slocum. He will pull and sit her when she gets too ball dominate. You can see a pattern where she becomes totally dominate one game to be followed by the next where she overcompensates. Interestingly enough her highest scoring games where ones where she got most of hers in the flow of the offense mostly off passes from her teammates and not totally on self created shots. If she can find the median Oregon St will be tough to beat.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
This is a series i will be tuning in to see. I think each may win at home. Records and rankings don’t matter in this match up.

I figured this would be how it would turn out!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
No. 2 Oregon Ducks shoot season-low, 17-game win streak snapped in ninth straight loss at No. 12 Oregon State

"Oregon lost its best post player as well as the Civil War rematch with rival Oregon State, which left the Ducks hoping about the long-term prognosis for forward Ruthy Hebard.

Sabrina Ionescu scored 21 points and Erin Boley and Satou Sabally each had 12 for No. 12 Oregon, which lost Hebard to a right knee injury before halftime and had its worst shooting performance since the 2017 Pac-12 Tournament in a 67-62 loss to No. 12 Oregon State on Monday night."

Fair use doctrine; we're good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox