Oregon St @ #11 Arizona - 1/17/21 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Oregon St @ #11 Arizona - 1/17/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I'm kinda feeling bad for Subasic. In addition to barely playing, the team she transferred from is unexpectedly better than the team she transferred to.

Reaction Score
I'm kinda feeling bad for Subasic. In addition to barely playing, the team she transferred from is unexpectedly better than the team she transferred to.
She was asked to leave (per a Wazzu beat writer). So was the girl who went to Rhode Island.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
She was asked to leave (per a Wazzu beat writer). So was the girl who went to Rhode Island.
Huh. Have no idea who went to Rhode Island.

edit--process of elimination, must but Muzet; maybe they exceeded their international player quota and had to get rid of a couple of them

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Brutally ugly game. I might have to bail on it. 52-37 Arizona thru Q3. Cats are trying to leave the door open but OSU refuses to go thru it.
I hope Joan has kept you entertained with her deep insights.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Her closing statement was that Oregon St. is a really good team. She is possibly the only person in the country that believes this. :oops:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
vs photo GIF

That is a blatant flag-10 thread ban! 1st down @nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I don't get what you mean here. They just lost today to a team they shouldn't have lost to. UCLA isn't battle hardened? They aren't great, but I bet you most teams don't want to face them in the Tourney. Arizona's D can be ferocious and Aari can carry a team by herself at times.

From what I'm seeing and hearing, nobody else around the country is really playing consistently well or looking dominant.
I don't know how to break this to you but Oregon's team last year would have easily beaten your Arizona team. Probably beaten this Stanford team too. And well UCLA, Cori Close, enough said.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I don't know how to break this to you but Oregon's team last year would have easily beaten your Arizona team. Probably beaten this Stanford team too. And well UCLA, Cori Close, enough said.
What does last year's Oregon team have to do with anything about this year?

I think last year's Arizona team would've beaten this year's Arizona team, but they will never play, so it's a completely pointless and useless argument to make.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score

I think last year's Arizona team would've beaten this year's Arizona team, but they will never play, so it's a completely pointless and useless argument to make.
Question for you - because you mentioned Reese above - my one issue since she has been here (based primarily on the games I attended since I don't get PAC network, but I did see the Oregon game and it happened there too) - is that at times it seems to me she goes up "weak". I don't know a better way to say it. She is close in, shoots, and the ball doesn't make the rim. It happens a lot, compared to anyone else I've seen and I attended every Rutgers home game for 15 years, and most away games for probably 10, plus about 10 years of the Liberty so I've seen a pretty fair number of players. I've seen it happen on TV to various players at various times, but nothing to suggest it was a consistent failing for these other players.

Reaction Score

Just like your fans saying Destiny Slocum would have been the savior for this game and the team this year. (From another site) Scott has problems of not adapting to changing times and style , nothing to do with Slocum leaving.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I thought by now Slocum would have been an AA at least twice in her career. That was based on her freshman season.

Reaction Score
Oregon State is painfully bad this season. Sure a co-vid pause of nearly 1 month doesn't help, but this years team
is not in sync, not physical enough to rebound well, and not quick enough to guard the 3 and the paint simultaneously. Well, Talia von Oelhoffen (or "TVO" as some like to call her) is joining the team 5 months early, so maybe she can help them a little. She graduated early from High School.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Question for you - because you mentioned Reese above - my one issue since she has been here (based primarily on the games I attended since I don't get PAC network, but I did see the Oregon game and it happened there too) - is that at times it seems to me she goes up "weak". I don't know a better way to say it. She is close in, shoots, and the ball doesn't make the rim. It happens a lot, compared to anyone else I've seen and I attended every Rutgers home game for 15 years, and most away games for probably 10, plus about 10 years of the Liberty so I've seen a pretty fair number of players. I've seen it happen on TV to various players at various times, but nothing to suggest it was a consistent failing for these other players.
Reese is an enigma to me. Sometimes she's great, sometimes she's invisible. I guess I haven't noticed her leaving a lot of shots short, but she does end up on the floor A LOT! She shoots a lot of leaning sideways shots and her momentum takes her to the ground.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom