Oregon @ Arizona St. 2/23 | The Boneyard

Oregon @ Arizona St. 2/23

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Ducks can clinch a share of the Pac 12 regular season title w/ a win tonight. Low scoring first half, ASU was leading 25-24. Oregon got on track offensively in Q3 and outscored ASU 20-8. Leading 44-33 w/ Q4 about to start.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
ASU is gonna hold Oregon 25+ points below their scoring average, but still lose by double digits. Forgot to do any scoring themselves. 57-44 w/ 17 seconds left. Ducks got enough from Ionescu, Cazorla and Hebard to carry them to victory. Oregon hasn't won their conference since the '99-'00 season. That's a bit of a drought. Unless they utterly collapse against Arizona on Sunday they will win outright, regardless of what Stanford does. That would mark 4 straight seasons the Cardinal did not win the Pac 12. These are unprecedented times we're living in.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I think I'm gonna go to the UW-Stanford game, so I'll be signing out. Oregon St. @ Arizona is about to start. Cal @ Washington St. also tonight.

UCLA beat Colorado and USC edged Utah by 1 last night.

Reaction Score
I was at this game. Defensive battle all the way. Oregon broke out offensively for a 10-12 point run in Q3 and held onto it the rest of the way. I was really impressed with Oregon's team defense, and with Ionescu's individual defense. She was not only an offensive beast, but really a hard worker and very effective on defense the whole game. Her primary man (Ryan) had 5 points for the game.

Oregon has a really impressive starting lineup, all of whom will be back next year except Bando. Looks like they will win the PAC12 regular season - just need to beat Arizona (slam dunk) or a Stanford loss. I don't think this is their year to go to FF, but look out next year.

Ionescu drives by Ekmark
upload_2018-2-23_20-55-6.png

Last edited:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Washington Huskies are up on Stanford after 1 qtr 26-18.
I think Stanford was up 16-8 midway thru qtr.
So UW went on a 18-2 run.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Well Stanford woke up in 2nd quarter
Farm up 42-35 at the half

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well Stanford woke up in 2nd quarter
Farm up 42-35 at the half

Washington has been plagued by "one bad quarter" syndrome all season. Got them again tonight. It was Q2 w/ Stanford outscoring them 24-9. The rest of the game they more than held their own. Melgoza was SENSATIONAL tonight, dropped 40 points on the Cardinal. She has got to be one of the best players in the country that nobody knows about. I said it before, she really does remind me of Plum.

Glad I went. Entertaining game. Washington impresses me w/ how hard they play and there is no give up in that team. It's kind of a head scratcher how they are 1-16 in conference. Should've been able to beat Utah and Colorado at home and Arizona on the road, at the very least.

McPhee had a good game, scored 25. Smith shook off a bad start and got some timely buckets in the 2nd half, finished w/ 15. Sniezek had a better than average scoring game, she was in double figures as well Fingall off the bench. Stanford hammered UW on the glass.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Melgoza scored 18 in the first quarter. That was really impressive. UW did indeed go on an 18-2 run to close out Q1.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oregon St. had no trouble w/ Arizona and Cal beat Wazzu. No Hristova for the Cougs, must be out w/ an injury? Anigwe had 30 points and 12 rebounds, that's the kind of performance I was expecting from her on a regular basis this season.

Reaction Score
I think I'm gonna go to the UW-Stanford game, so I'll be signing out. Oregon St. @ Arizona is about to start. Cal @ Washington St. also tonight.

UCLA beat Colorado and USC edged Utah by 1 last night.
Utah lost a heartbreaker. They had it then they didn’t when Kristen Simon drained a last second three from the top of the key directly off an inbounds pass. You fight all game and let someone shoot uncontested. Porter was late coming out on her electing to protect the paint. I do love Utah’s coach though. Simon’s eleventh three this season.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Melgoza's 40 last night was the highest single game output for any Pac 12 player this season. She became only the 3rd player in school history to hit the 40 point mark. Giuliana Mendiola did it once and Kelsey Plum did it 6 times. A few highlights. I don't think they got her best plays from the night though.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
USC beats Colorado today 65-53. As long as USC wins their first round game in the Pac 12 Tournament that should get them in the NCAA Dance. USC has no bad losses so far this year and wins over OSU(ranked 16) and ASU(who were ranked 24/25) Several close losses to ranked teams(I think 6 losses by 6 points or less to ranked teams).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
UTAH @UCLA 65-65 with 1 second left. Pretty disappointing after that Oregon comeback. This is the life outside the top 4 or so teams.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
UCLA wins 78-71 in OT. 24 pts. 10 rebs 4 steal 4 blocks for Billings and 22 points 14 assists 3 steals for Canada. Not a bad way to go out during their last regular season game at Pauley Pavilion in their careers (although they almost certainly will be hosting 1st round Tourney games).

Reaction Score
USC beats Colorado today 65-53. As long as USC wins their first round game in the Pac 12 Tournament that should get them in the NCAA Dance. USC has no bad losses so far this year and wins over OSU(ranked 16) and ASU(who were ranked 24/25) Several close losses to ranked teams(I think 6 losses by 6 points or less to ranked teams).
This is a very, very, dangerous team in the NCAA Tournament. I predict USC (Trojans) will cause havoc in their bracket. Especially if USC has success in the PAC12 Tournament, they will ride a great deal of confidence into the NCAA Tournament. They are "that team" that PAC12 coaches hope someone else eliminates before they have to play USC in the upcoming PAC12 Tournament.

Reaction Score
UCLA wins 78-71 in OT. 24 pts. 10 rebs 4 steal 4 blocks for Billings and 22 points 14 assists 3 steals for Canada. Not a bad way to go out during their last regular season game at Pauley Pavilion in their careers (although they almost certainly will be hosting 1st round Tourney games).
UCLA looked rather pedestrian in this game. One opinion of mine that has changed over the course of this current season, is that Monique Billings has really impressed in how much she has developed as a scorer. Monique has developed a mid-range jump shot that she really couldn't count on last season. Her footwork around the basket is impressive, and, she runs like a gazelle in the open court. UCLA will still have some success in the NCAA Tournament, but only as far as Canada and Billings can take UCLA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom