Oregon 2019-2020 | The Boneyard

Oregon 2019-2020

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

I still believe if Westbrook wavier is approved to play immediately we can beat Oregon.
Wow major get for Oregon. In theory she should fit in very well alongside Ionescu as a scoring PG/combo guard and will help big time defensively. Oregon/Baylor look like the teams to beat with UCONN not far behind.

Reaction Score
Lack of depth at guard in the home stretch was a problem for Coach Graves after Taylor Chavez went down with a season ending foot injury. Morgan Yaeger played some but is still bothered with back issues. Cazorla and Ionescu were putting in full game minutes and (IMO) ran a bit out of gas by the Pac-12 CG.
Adding Moore and Aussie Jaz Shelley along with a healthy Chavez will add speed and defense in the backcourt.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just give them the NC now and wait out the graduation of Ionescu. :oops:

Reaction Score
I know they’re loaded for 2019-2020 but do they take a step back in 2020-2021? They have a lot graduating next year.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I know they’re loaded for 2019-2020 but do they take a step back in 2020-2021? They have a lot graduating next year.

I would certainly think so. A lot of their success has been built around the Ionescu-Hebard combination and both will be graduating. Add in Moore, that's probably 3 starters and almost certainly the best player in program history. They have talent coming in but will be fairly young in '20-'21.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
I would certainly think so. A lot of their success has been built around the Ionescu-Hebard combination and both will be graduating. Add in Moore, that's probably 3 starters and almost certainly the best player in program history. They have talent coming in but will be fairly young in '20-'21.

Theyll still be really good IMO. Sabally may be a POY candidate, Boley will take on a more prominent role, the younger Sabally is supposed to be very good and Chavez will likely step up as a good starting PG. Plus all of their new freshmen. UCONN, Stanford and maybe Baylor look more stacked on paper but Oregon should be a Final Four contender.

Reaction Score

I still believe if Westbrook wavier is approved to play immediately we can beat Oregon.
It all depends if you " can beat them" is geared to what is possible or what is probable. As was stated there are no guarantees. Factoring in both Timing and Match ups a number of teams could win it any given year. I remember when TA&M won it a year after Baylor had already beaten them 3 times during the season. Oregon does seem to be the team to beat this year. Moore shores up an area of weakness for them, so Moore vis Westbrook is not a real tradeoff. Uconns major problem was not on the perimeter but in the frontcourt.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Theyll still be really good IMO. Sabally may be a POY candidate, Boley will take on a more prominent role, the younger Sabally is supposed to be very good and Chavez will likely step up as a good starting PG. Plus all of their new freshmen. UCONN, Stanford and maybe Baylor look more stacked on paper but Oregon should be a Final Four contender.

They should still be good I agree, but it will be a transition period after all the players that sparked their first Elite 8 run are gone. I have to see more of Chavez this year to determine if she really is a PG as opposed to a 2 or a combo.

Reaction Score
Lack of depth at guard in the home stretch was a problem for Coach Graves after Taylor Chavez went down with a season ending foot injury. Morgan Yaeger played some but is still bothered with back issues. Cazorla and Ionescu were putting in full game minutes and (IMO) ran a bit out of gas by the Pac-12 CG.
Adding Moore and Aussie Jaz Shelley along with a healthy Chavez will add speed and defense in the backcourt.
Lets not forget that Heberd was not playing at 100% as well. Even with those handycaps they still were in the game with Baylor until the last half minute of play. Which could not be said for any other team that Baylor faced. Until they lost Cox they were in complete control in their game with ND which was never the case in their game against Oregon.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
They should still be good I agree, but it will be a transition period after all the players that sparked their first Elite 8 run are gone. I have to see more of Chavez this year to determine if she really is a PG as opposed to a 2 or a combo.

It'll be a transition but Graves is putting together some really good pieces to ensure his program will stay in the upper echelon of WCBB. Sabally has been the clear cut best player from the 2017 class this far and will be a senior. People have said her younger sister appears to be a hybrid of Satou/Hebard, and she'll be a soph. From the FIBA footage I've seen, she looks very very good. Oregon isnt going anywhere.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom