Optimistic...but not enthusiastic. | The Boneyard

Optimistic...but not enthusiastic.

Reaction Score
There is no reason we should as fans should feel defeated after last night's game. We went toe to toe, once again with an elite team, with 25 wins, that has final four potential. Our end-of-game woes is certainly the greatest cause of anxiety going into the Big Dance, but we have won some, including against Auburn and Villanova.

We can play with just about any team in the country. That is a huge positive. We do not have any bad losses, although, the West Virginia loss is not looking great these days...but that was certainly a different part of the season.

Depth is beginning to look like an issue if Hawkins is not ready to play, but we can win without him. I just help to have that extra shooter.

7 out of the last 9 NCAA tournament winners have not won their conference tournaments, and 6 of 9, lost in the semis.

We are an elite defensive and elite rebounding team. Those go a long way. We have a 1st team all-conference point guard which also is important for a run.

I agree with Chief on his assessment of Polley. It just opens the offense more. Gives Sanogo great space. It can help us establish early leads, and the drop-off defensively with losing either Whaley or Jackson is more than matched by the offensive efficiency increase.

All in All, I have enjoyed this season more than I have in a long time. I think we are improving, and Hurley is improving, going in the right direction. I really hope we can make it to the second weekend..I certainly think we can...but it certainly does not feel like a guarantee. I would be very surprised to see this team lose in the first round. I would not be surprised to see them lose in the second round...nor would I be surprised to see them go to the elite 8...past that point, I would be surprised. They have played like a 8-20ish team all year...which is pretty stinking good..not great...but good.

I love march madness... I cant wait to fill my brackets with my kids.
If we win I will go crazy...if we lose, I will be angry and pissed...but then I will look forward to next season...because that's what fans do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco
Top Bottom