Optimism | The Boneyard

Optimism

Reaction Score
We still need a leader to emerge. I'll feel more confident if that happens.

I'm talking about taking control of the team, keeping them focused, challenging teammates and making sure the game plan is executed.

End of season and i still never figured out who the captains were. Couldn't tell by watching the games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sanogo, Cole, Martin, Jackson, Akok, Gaffney and a top 10 recruiting class. Another piece here or there and we have A LOT to look forward to.
I don't really know how good the recruits are. Do we have a Bouknight?

Reaction Score

I'm talking about taking control of the team, keeping them focused, challenging teammates and making sure the game plan is executed.

End of season and i still never figured out who the captains were. Couldn't tell by watching y the games.

Would love to see Whaley return for this reason. I know leader usually the point guard but having a guy who has been throwing everything like Whaley has and seems to be well respected by the team could be huge

Reaction Score
I really think we need impact offense/shooting in the form of a transfer. We have a lot of good pieces returning and the freshman look great, but a lot of the pieces returning wont get us buckets barring ridiculous improvements. If we dont get someone in here who can help in this area, I fear we will be having a lot of the same conversations we are having now next year at this time again. The next couple months are LARGE.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see Whaley back. He has passion and can provide leadership. I wish he was more confident offensively, but he does a lot of little things. A garbage man in a good way.

Reaction Score
Would love to see Whaley return for this reason. I know leader usually the point guard but having a guy who has been throwing everything like Whaley has and seems to be well respected by the team could be huge
Technically Whaley would just be a grad transfer so it wouldn’t be weird. Come back Isaiah.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
But yes, I think Cole is going to lead this team to greatness next year as THE guy.

Reaction Score
I don't really know how good the recruits are. Do we have a Bouknight?
2 borderline top 50 recruits and a top 75 recruit. There's no Bouknight who can take over a game, that's a once a decade type of recruit. But there's 3 kids coming in who are fantastic fits for Dan Hurley's system, which might be just as important

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
2 borderline top 50 recruits and a top 75 recruit. There's no Bouknight who can take over a game, that's a once a decade type of recruit. But there's 3 kids coming in who are fantastic fits for Dan Hurley's system, which might be just as important
Outside of the Creighton game, Bouknight hasn’t taken over a big game. He’s going to be a great NBA player, but not a “kemba” or “shabazz” type college player. But that’s totally okay, cause he is a baller.

Cole will be that guy next year. I know a lot of people wondering where Bouk’s production will come from. It will come from Cole.

Reaction Score
OK, very good especially if we can compete better in games like tonight.

Reaction Score
I see AS emerging. I think Jordan Hawkins is got some freshman potential on the shooting side of things and maybe a grad transfer sniper. Unfortunately Polley didn’t really produce but we thought he would this year

Reaction Score
Outside of the Creighton game, Bouknight hasn’t taken over a big game. He’s going to be a great NBA player, but not a “kemba” or “shabazz” type college player. But that’s totally okay, cause he is a baller.

Cole will be that guy next year. I know a lot of people wondering where Bouk’s production will come from. It will come from Cole.
Cole cannot guard a 6’3 guard. He’s a nice point guard who actually had a great run but no stud and no FF with him.

Reaction Score

If Bouknight were a stock, I'd short him.

Reaction Score
But yes, I think Cole is going to lead this team to greatness next year as THE guy.

Wrong. Cole is a microwave guard off the bench. He gets exposed against high major guards all the time. He cannot be your starting and leading point guard.

We need to be actively recruiting a 5 star quality point guard to come in, and a shooting sniper who can defend his position as well right now in the next several months.

A lot will depend if AJacks can make a leap in his all around game and if Hawkins and Diggins are good enough to contribute right away.

PS: Without fixing our point guard problem, we are going nowhere important fast. We also need a coach to recognize that you cannot bring traditional big guys out to the 3 point line on offense when they are not a threat to score there.

Reaction Score
Wrong. Cole is a microwave guard off the bench. He gets exposed against high major guards all the time. He cannot be your starting and leading point guard.

We need to be actively recruiting a 5 star quality point guard to come in, and a shooting sniper who can defend his position as well right now in the next several months.

A lot will depend if AJacks can make a leap in his all around game and if Hawkins and Diggins are good enough to contribute right away.

PS: Without fixing our point guard problem, we are going nowhere important fast. We also need a coach to recognize that you cannot bring traditional big guys out to the 3 point line on offense when they are not a threat to score there.
So AJacks has some great parts to his game, we all know what they are, but shooting isn't one of them. I swear I saw him making tons of 3 pointers on his mixtape.

Reaction Score

End of season and i still never figured out who the captains were. Couldn't tell by watching the games.
I can see Rahsool emerging as a vocal leader very early on. It seems like he has the personality for that. Definitely looks like the floor general type of player.

Rahsool just seems very outspoken and confident and has been hitting the recruiting trail hard, so I can see him being the voice of the team in the coming years.

Obviously coming in as a freshman you don’t take over right away, but that’s just the type of person he seems like to me.

Reaction Score
How could Bouk not come back after that performance?
They ALL need another year to get where they need to be.

Reaction Score
How could Bouk not come back after that performance?
They ALL need another year to get where they need to be.
Fear of injury that would cost him dearly.

Reaction Score
The only way Bouk is coming back is if enough NBA scouts can sell him on the idea. I doubt that will happen. His talent and athleticism stands out, and he's entertaining too, so he's going to be highly valued even though his stock may have dropped slightly. Bouk's biggest liability is his somewhat questionable durability, which is another reason why he turns pro now. If he gets hurt playing college ball next year, it could label him, fairly or unfairly, as injury prone. I'd love to see him stay, but that's purely a selfish view.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom