Opinion: Player Rankings by Class | The Boneyard

Opinion: Player Rankings by Class

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
One Person's Opinion. Women’s College Basketball Final Overall Player Rankings for 2019/2020 – Class by Class!

She's a Lady Vol fan, currently living in California.

I would have Tyasha Harris higher ranked. Te'a Cooper is on Baylor now.
I personally would rank Megan over Rennina Davis of the Lady Vols
No doubt I would have Olivia over Christyn. Christyn might be the more talented player, but from a UConn only perspective Olivia IMO had the more consistent year.

However, overall her rankings are good. Its a tough job to take on as everybody will have their own opinion. Team Fans will usually say their team players should be ranked higher.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
One Person's Opinion. Women’s College Basketball Final Overall Player Rankings for 2019/2020 – Class by Class!

No doubt I would have Olivia over Christyn. Christyn might be the more talented player, but from a UConn only perspective Olivia IMO had the more consistent year.

However, overall her rankings are good. Its a tough job to take on as everybody will have their own opinion. Team Fans will usually say their team players should be ranked higher.

At this point in the season and just looking at guards, I would easily take Anna over Owusu, Brown-Turner, Bell, or Horston.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Poop. Our freshman did not make the list. I know aubrey is too mecurial but guessing Anna should be in the mix if you look past ppg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
22 better seniors than Haley Gorecki?

hn.gif

Reaction Score

Hindsight is 20/20. There are women who are stars in the WNBA who were somewhat mediocre in college, do we re-rank them because of that? There are women who were superstars in college that don't make WNBA rosters, again do we re-rank them? Lastly, there are young ladies who are thriving after transferring, is it fair to re-rank them over young ladies who are in tougher environments or leagues and are trying to find their way still? Revisionist history should be tread upon lightly. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Poster on this site knows my perspectives on C. Williams. Having her as number two in her class only shows this person does not really watch a lot of games but goes on past rep. Olivia should definitely be higher than CW as should a number of other players. Olivia still has a much higher ceiling left. That said it would be very difficult for any single person to put together a viable list since they could not possibly follow the thousands of WCBB players that exist. I don't believe most, if anyone, is aware of how many players there are out there who no one ever gets to see. I mean there are over 351 D1 teams alone. Mulitple just that number by a conservative 12 to a team and you get 4212 conservative estimate D1 players in WCBB. That would be 1755 starting players to evaluate.

I personally know of many players who carry their teams that are not even listed. If the are listed they are listed very low. Unless you play for a high exposure team you just do not get the notoriety necessary to be noticed. Many of these players not only would be starting for UConn but would have made a greater impact than some that are on the team now.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I don’t get the infatuation with Chennedy Carter. I’d put her maybe in the top ten of juniors, mostly because she’s fun to watch. She shot 0.43/0.25, had fewer than 4 assists/game, Asst/TO of 1.25, all while missing 1/3 of the season. How does that make her the best player in her class? Better than Sabally? Onyenwere? Walker? Slocum?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom