OT: Operation 351 begins its 6th season. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Operation 351 begins its 6th season.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Mount St. Mary’s is a lovely little campus - my daughter has gone there for swim meets. And I second the recommendation about Beacon....my daughter’s swim team actually practices at Beacon High every night.

But that Mount St. Mary’s is DIII.

The DI version is down in Maryland.
I will echo the trip to Beacon. My daughter just moved to Kingston and we've enjoyed Beacon, Kingston Rhinebeck

Reaction Score
I had a great time this year adding two new arenas to my D1 basketball checklist, but looking ahead to next year, I've begun thinking which D1 basketball centers/stadiums/arenas I check out for the first time. I've broken them down to a few categories:

1) The place I gotta go visit next season
  1. Payne Whitney Gymnasium, Yale: Beautiful building, great team and a fun day in New Haven.
  2. Carnesecca Arena, St. John’s. Not a bad drive, might save this for 21/22.
2) Places to go after Saturday tutoring.

I tutor Saturdays in Harrison, NY, so I'd like to catch a Saturday noon game at:
  1. Rose Hill Gym, Fordham. Good chance to see some A-10 teams.
  2. Draddy Gymnasium, Manhattan College. Always fun to see some MAAC games.
  3. Levien Gymnasium, Columbia University. Low on priority.
3) Visiting Dad

My dad lives in Saylorsburg, PA, so when I visit, I sometimes stay in either Bethlehem or Easton, PA.
  1. Kirby Sports Center, Lafayette College. My top priority because I love downtown Easton and Lafayette is a beautiful campus.
  2. Stabler Arena, Lehigh University. Used to go Lehigh games a lot as a kid, so would be fun to see a Lehigh game.
4) Visiting in-laws

My in-laws live in Fountain Hills, AZ. Got tickets to see ASU play Texas Southern, but both my wife and I got sick and delayed our flight, thus missing the game. It's gotta happen next year!
  1. Grand Canyon University Arena, Grand Canyon, top on my list. Their game atmosphere is insane!
  2. Desert Financial Arena, Arizona State, cool to check out if available.
5) Other places nearby.

I live in Norwalk, so some other places I haven't been to, but on my list
  1. People’s United Center, Quinnipiac University. An easy drive to Hamden.
  2. Christl Arena, Army. Never been to West Point.
  3. Detrick Gymnasium, CCSU. Mom is a CCSU alum.

Reaction Score
I have been to all these except for the Arizona schools.

When you are Yale, the courtside seats are relatively cheap. It was very cool to the game at eye level.

Enjoy the ride!

Reaction Score
Apparently not, or post-drowning in Cow Dick, Texas @Greathusky now posts in the after life. Given he’ll be in Syracuse in Nov or Mar, appears he’s going to hell.
Actually, Cow Dick, TX is a long way from Houston Baptist (which is just south of downtown Houston on the opposite side of I-45 from UofH) I highly recommend staying at the Marriott Marquis Houston (of which I managed the construction) for a really pleasant experience!

Reaction Score
BTW 4 new teams were added bringing the grand total to 357 teams next year.
Tarleton State, Dixie State, UC San Diego and Bellarmine.
Only one did I know where it was on the map.

Reaction Score
BTW 4 new teams were added bringing the grand total to 357 teams next year.
Tarleton State, Dixie State, UC San Diego and Bellarmine.
Only one did I know where it was on the map.
Wow, didnt know Bellarmine is going DI. They have a strong presence in DII. Theyve made the tournament for 12 straight years, with I believe one championship.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom