Opening Weekend Series v. #4/#8 Louisville in Lakeland Florida (Fri. 2/15 @6p, Sat. 2/16 @3p & Sun. 2/17 @ *12:30p*) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Opening Weekend Series v. #4/#8 Louisville in Lakeland Florida (Fri. 2/15 @6p, Sat. 2/16 @3p & Sun. 2/17 @ *12:30p*)

Reaction Score
Really hope Pat is OK, but hami strains don't resolve over night. He had a great debut with two hits and two throw-outs. On the other hand, Gozzo with game winning homer! Love this team, go Huskies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Really hope Pat is OK, but hami strains don't resolve over night. He had a great debut with two hits and two throw-outs. On the other hand, Gozzo with game winning homer! Love this team, go Huskies.

C-Jones and his partner’s mention of this team’s depth really resonated with me. I can’t think of any other year when someone got hurt at a key position and it felt like there was a minimal drop-off between them and their replacement.

Reaction Score
Jones's ability to find the leaf blowers and lawnmowers to set the mood for his post game interviews is in mid season form. Would think it is gonna be much the same lineup today maybe one of the youngins at third and the italian stallion behind the plate.

Reaction Score
Jones's ability to find the leaf blowers and lawnmowers to set the mood for his post game interviews is in mid season form. Would think it is gonna be much the same lineup today maybe one of the youngins at third and the italian stallion behind the plate.

I suspect Moriarty will be at 3B as long as he does some stuff with the bat. His defense is great, and Penders likes that a lot. Moriarty hit last night, he will be in the lineup today. If he keeps hitting in the .250 range or higher, he stays in the lineup. If you are looking for a change, More likely we will see a rotation of players at D.H., at least for now.

Strange background noise is a tradition with Chris Jones and his postgame interviews. Midseason form is right. It really is uncanny the things he has to compete with during the course of the season.

Reaction Score
C-Jones and his partner’s mention of this team’s depth really resonated with me. I can’t think of any other year when someone got hurt at a key position and it felt like there was a minimal drop-off between them and their replacement.

Remember in Poulin's freshman year the position player depth was so thin that Poulin would be used on occasion as a pinch runner or a defensive replacement. The change in the quality of the depth has changed radically over that period of time, about 4 seasons ago.

Reaction Score
I think one of the calling cards of this particular UConn team is going be the defense. Looks to me that UConn is much above average defensively at catcher (both Winkel and Gozzo), 1B (Winkel), shortstop (Prato), and 3B (Moriarty). To this it certainly looks like we can add Woodworth in center field. Woodworth I find to be absolutely amazing in that he was so good at 2B last season, and it looks like he will be a stand out as well in the outfield. How often do you see that?

Reaction Score
Going to be a nice entertaining time later today for the wife and me. UConn baseball again on the radio this afternoon, followed by Spamalot this evening in New London. While I grew up on Monty Python routines, I've never seen this play before.

Reaction Score
D1 Digest: Friday, Feb. 15 | D1Baseball

>2. No Feole, No Problem for Connecticut

The Huskies are down in the Sunshine State this weekend to face Louisville in a three-game series. Well, UConn received bad news earlier this week when lefthander Mason Feole was scratched from his weekend start as he continues to battle back from some soreness. Simply put, the Huskies want him to regain his full arm strength and not put him at any risk for at least the next couple of weeks. The Huskies didn’t need him Friday afternoon in a 3-2 win over Louisville. As we mentioned in the Weekend Insider, the Huskies still entered the weekend with plenty of solid and experienced arms. Righthander Jeff Kersten has had success and was solid against the Cardinals, walking three and striking out two, while also allowing just a run on five hits in six innings. Meanwhile, UL starting pitcher Reid Detmers struck out three, walked three and allowed just four hits in five innings. It was a quiet game from an offensive standpoint, but Anthony Prato and Pat Winkel led the charge with a pair of hits each. UConn still needs to take another game this weekend to win the series , and should it do so, it would be a massive boost for the American Athletic Conference the rest of the spring.<

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Going to be a nice entertaining time later today for the wife and me. UConn baseball again on the radio this afternoon, followed by Spamalot this evening in New London. While I grew up on Monty Python routines, I've never seen this play before.

You will love it. Monty Python at its finest.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Listening to Maine - FSU. Maine's pitcher has walked 8 batters in 2 innings :eek:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Let this be the year the Hook Cs finally make that big leap. I need something to feel good about re: UConn sports.

Reaction Score

Nucerino and Langer out of the lineup today, Christian Fedko bounces over to D.H. Looks like right field and D.H. are going to be the places where players are rotated in and out of the lineup. Suspect Christian Fedko will be in the lineup most everyday, whether or not it is at 2B or D.H. It will also be interesting to see who comes out of the bullpen today, and see how Colby Dunlop does as well.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Pumped to see how the frosh do, especially on the defensive end.

Louisville is throwing their best pitcher today. A win would be very impressive.

Reaction Score
Dunlop having problems early in the 1st inning. Triple brings in two runs for Louisville. A missed pop up in the infield brings in a third run.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom