Opening Weekend in Georgia | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Opening Weekend in Georgia

Reaction Score
KSU has a good program (they were ranked when we beat them twice a few years ago), but they were a dumpster fire after they played us this weekend. That could be a bad loss by the end of the year.

Regardless, 2-1 away from home is fine.

They've got depth problems on the pitching end. Front end should be reasonable. Moore's pretty good. The rest is a huge question mark. Like the McKlinskey kid is interesting... Ryan's stuff is off the charts with a funky delivery... like his slider moves like a legit six feet... but both and the rest of that group are just all over the place. Haven't really harnessed it yet. They'll score a lot of runs though. For my money, UNF is probably the team to beat in that conference.

Reaction Score
They've got depth problems on the pitching end. Front end should be reasonable. Moore's pretty good. The rest is a huge question mark. Like the McKlinskey kid is interesting... Ryan's stuff is off the charts with a funky delivery... like his slider moves like a legit six feet... but both and the rest of that group are just all over the place. Haven't really harnessed it yet. They'll score a lot of runs though. For my money, UNF is probably the team to beat in that conference.

Yeah I saw someone in the OT thread on the basketball board say something about "losing to directional schools." Clearly they do not know that directional schools often have strong baseball programs, especially in the south.

Speaking of which, does anyone know anything about Southeatern Louisiana?

Reaction Score
They were 2-1 last week but did not play anyone near the caliber of a top 25 team (they played S Illinois Edwardsville). Looks like they hit pretty well although only hit one homer in opening series.

Also note that they have two mid week games this week so they do not have the long layoff that the Huskies do.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
They are good. They went to a regional last year, losing close to LSU and splitting with Rice.

I found the SE Louisiana message board and intend to introduce myself. I'll try not to make any awful puns.

Reaction Score
They are good. They went to a regional last year, losing close to LSU and splitting with Rice.

I found the SE Louisiana message board and intend to introduce myself. I'll try not to make any awful puns.

Can you link to the message board? Thank you!

Reaction Score
The schedule says 3 games this weekend. Did something change or am I missing something?

Nothing has changed. 3 games against Southeast Louisiana has always been on the 2018 schedule ever since it was announced.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom