Open Practice 10/12 | The Boneyard

Open Practice 10/12

Reaction Score
I can't go either. Enjoyed it very much last year!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
So who's going to write up the OP2012 report for the BY?

Reaction Score
I'm hoping to make it. Never been to one before. Stupid question - does Jonathan make an appearance? Was planning to bring my 2 year old for her first time at Gampel.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm hoping to make it. Never been to one before. Stupid question - does Jonathan make an appearance? Was planning to bring my 2 year old for her first time at Gampel.

I've only been to one but Jonathan wasn't there. It's not really set up special for an audience -- it's basically just a regular practice that you get the chance to sit in on. They probably don't go as hard as usual, and the coaches take breaks to address the crowd, but otherwise they just get down to business.

At the end of the one I went to they did invite the fans to the court for autographs and to meet the players/coaches, but no band/dj/Jonathan, so I would guess your two-year-old would be pretty bored (at the very least, I know mine would be).

Reaction Score
My wife and I are leaving house for the first time since having a baby to attend, baby won’t be coming with us.

Is the south parking garage our best bet for parking? Say it was a beautiful day in Storrs and we wanted to walk through campus on our way to Gample, where would be the best place to park and give the best walking options?

QuickDraw

NCSWIC
Reaction Score
My wife and I are leaving house for the first time since having a baby to attend, baby won’t be coming with us.

Is the south parking garage our best bet for parking? Say it was a beautiful day in Storrs and we wanted to walk through campus on our way to Gample, where would be the best place to park and give the best walking options?
I would still park nearby so you have the option to walk around or not, you never know how your going to feel after & Gampel is on top of the hill so if its a clear day you will have a nice view either way.
I haven't been to an open practice in some time, it used to be an annual thing back when JC was in charge and there was no first night. I still have some of the team pics that they handed out back then.

Reaction Score

Yes. They're charging $5.

Reaction Score
Open practices are dope. I'd love to see one in Gampel. I saw a tournament open practice in DC. Our boys had plane issues that year and we missed our slot. That really sucked but to walk into any arena for free and see some hoops is a great feeling. For anyone who gets to Gampel, enjoy!!

Reaction Score
Perfect day, neither the Giants or Patriots are playing.

Reaction Score
A7319D4A-8F9D-42DD-A34A-CC71DEE0302A.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom