OOC Schedule next year? | The Boneyard

OOC Schedule next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone know our OOC next year? I hope there's no more cupcakes. AAC has 3-4 teams that been killing our SOS.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Battle 4 Atlantis tournament which has a stacked field.

Maryland at MSG for the Jimmy V Classic.

Georgetown at XL.

Ohio St. at Gampel or XL.

Probably Texas in Austin (not yet confirmed that the return game is next season).

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Via @Brochacho

Maryland, 4 seed, MSG
Georgetown, 4 seed, XL Center
Ohio State, 10 seed, assuming Gampel
Texas, 11 seed, away

Battle 4 Atlantis:
Syracuse - Ineligible
Gonzaga - 2 seed NCAA
Texas - 11 seed NCAA
Texas A&M - 2 seed NIT
UConn - 4 seed NIT
Michigan - no NCAA/NIT
Washington - no NCAA/NIT
Charlotte - no NCAA/NIT

Reaction Score
Via @Brochacho

Maryland, 4 seed, MSG
Texas, 11 seed, away

Battle 4 Atlantis:
Syracuse - Ineligible
Gonzaga - 2 seed NCAA
Texas - 11 seed NCAA
Texas A&M - 2 seed NIT
UConn - 4 seed NIT
Michigan - no NCAA/NIT
Washington - no NCAA/NIT
Charlotte - no NCAA/NIT

What's going on with Florida? Wasn't our series a 4 game one?

2015 RPIs
Maryland - 13
Georgetown - 25
Ohio State - 41
Texas - 42

Battle 4 Atlantis:
Syracuse - 69
Gonzaga - 8
Texas - 42
Texas A&M - 67
UConn - 77
Michigan - 80
Washington - 125
Charlotte - 211

Avoid Charlotte, assume Michigan, Syracuse, and Washington are better. Same with Ohio State.

Reaction Score
Via @Brochacho

Maryland, 4 seed, MSG
Texas, 11 seed, away

Battle 4 Atlantis:
Syracuse - Ineligible
Gonzaga - 2 seed NCAA
Texas - 11 seed NCAA
Texas A&M - 2 seed NIT
UConn - 4 seed NIT
Michigan - no NCAA/NIT
Washington - no NCAA/NIT
Charlotte - no NCAA/NIT
Love to add one more big game.

Reaction Score
Via @Brochacho

Maryland, 4 seed, MSG
Texas, 11 seed, away

Battle 4 Atlantis:
Syracuse - Ineligible
Gonzaga - 2 seed NCAA
Texas - 11 seed NCAA
Texas A&M - 2 seed NIT
UConn - 4 seed NIT
Michigan - no NCAA/NIT
Washington - no NCAA/NIT
Charlotte - no NCAA/NIT

Avoid Charlotte.

Games mentioned look OK if we go .500 or above but the rest of our more local OOC opponents are a concern.

Reaction Score
What's going on with Florida? Wasn't our series a 4 game one?

No it was a 2 game series but the beat guys mentioned several times that UConn wanted to extend it. Apparently Florida didn't feel the same way. But we did beat them 3 times in a little over a year so not sure I blame them.

As far as adding another big time game for next year, that might be tough to do. We already have 1 road and 4 neutral games on the schedule, so I have to think that any additional games would have to be at home due to financial obligations. I doubt we'd start a third home & home series in CT next year, since that would mean playing 3 OOC road games the following year. I suppose we could always get creative and play at home next year but put off the return game until two years later, but that's not very enticing to whoever the opponent might be.

So my best guess is that the five remaining OOC games are all at home. One of them is likely to be CCSU (I saw that we agreed to play them twice). Since that's a lousy RPI game, hopefully the other four include teams like Harvard, Yale, etc.

Reaction Score
We can't keep playing teams with rankings above 200. We have to lose the CCSU's and the Coppin State's, and instead play the Iona's and Manhattan's and Vermont's and Rhody's. Yes, every so often you will lose one of those games. But continuing to have to much OOC crap on our schedule, in this conference, is a death wish. Not just for RPI and getting into the tourney, but also to keep selling tickets.

Reaction Score
We can't keep playing teams with rankings above 200. We have to lose the CCSU's and the Coppin State's, and instead play the Iona's and Manhattan's and Vermont's and Rhody's. Yes, every so often you will lose one of those games. But continuing to have to much OOC crap on our schedule, in this conference, is a death wish. Not just for RPI and getting into the tourney, but also to keep selling tickets.
There are "10" non-conference games--the tournament counts as 1.

The above list is 5. So they need 5 more. I guess one is CCSU

Hopefully Yale again.

And then maybe some like the schools you are pointing out. If they can avoid more than 2 sub-200 schools, I think their SOS will be in good shape.

Reaction Score
I think this would be great for UConn and for the fans, but I do not think it is very realistic.

I just do not see a schedule that does not include 2 or more +200 RPIs.

It is hard to gague where these small schools will fall a year or two in advance. Vermont sounds nice, but they are +200 this year.

Reaction Score
I think this would be great for UConn and for the fans, but I do not think it is very realistic.

I just do not see a schedule that does not include 2 or more +200 RPIs.

It is hard to gague where these small schools will fall a year or two in advance. Vermont sounds nice, but they are +200 this year.

You pick your schedule based on five year(or so) rolling averages and take your chances. If a team that is normally around 120 happens to be 220, life happens. But your chances of avoiding the RPI killer games is obviously better if you schedule teams that, in their average seasons, aren't RPI killers.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Someone explain the rpi please. How does gonzaga have an 8?

Reaction Score
Someone explain the rpi please. How does gonzaga have an 8?
25% is winning percentage. They went 31-2. It is also weighted so that home wins are worth .667 and road wins are worth 1.333. The reverse is true for losses.

50% is opponent's winning percentage. The WCC isn't good, but it isn't the worst. They did play @Arizona, @UCLA, SMU, and Memphis among other OOC games.

25% is opponent's opponent's winning percentage.

All in all, when you play some good OOC teams, and you win...a lot...you are going to have a great RPI.

Reaction Score
@ Texas hopefully will be confirmed. Does anyone know where we stand on our next meeting. We played at Texas in 2010/11 with Kemba correct? The return game was this year? Confused on the Texas scheduling. How likely are we at Texas in 2015-16?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom