ONO -- what a nice stroke | The Boneyard

ONO -- what a nice stroke

Reaction Score
ONO is skilled. I have seen it in a few games now. A nice stroke at the free throw line. And a nice stroke from about 10-15 feet. She is going to be very, very good. Very good.

I hope she can develop quickly enough to play in the tournament. 10-15 minutes a game would be a big, big deal.

We shall see.

Reaction Score
She will play a lot in the tournament. Geno will win with six, barring injuries. Kyla and Mikayla will provide some relief minutes. Not sure where Batouly will be...she is my wild card player. I had written her off, but she is looking more agile and confident. And she has a shooting eye.

Reaction Score
She will play a lot in the tournament. Geno will win with six, barring injuries. Kyla and Mikayla will provide some relief minutes. Not sure where Batouly will be...she is my wild card player. I had written her off, but she is looking more agile and confident. And she has a shooting eye.
If I'm Geno I would sub ONO in early and often to get her accustomed to playing with the starters. Then once the lead is up to 20-25, heavy playing time for Coombs and Batouly. Geno needs to spend the next couple of months separating players that can really help us versus ones that will forever be back of the rotation type players. I'd start managing every blow out game as one where Collier or Megan just picked up two quick fouls in the 1st quarter against a top 10 team in the NCAAs. During the conference games I'd let some of our bench play through things and get some meaningful game experience when the game is still on the line. No more letting the starting five get up 30-35 by half on some hapless AAC team and then the bench comes in and goes through the motions for the remaining 20 minutes.

Reaction Score
Great assessment! I also agree with Batouly because all of her shots look good even the one she missed. After seeing how she’s been looking it eases my mind each game. ONO is becoming exactly what I thought she would! No worries here.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If I'm Geno I would sub ONO in early and often to get her accustomed to playing with the starters. Then once the lead is up to 20-25, heavy playing time for Coombs and Batouly. Geno needs to spend the next couple of months separating players that can really help us versus ones that will forever be back of the rotation type players. I'd start managing every blow out game as one where Collier or Megan just picked up two quick fouls in the 1st quarter against a top 10 team in the NCAAs. During the conference games I'd let some of our bench play through things and get some meaningful game experience when the game is still on the line. No more letting the starting five get up 30-35 by half on some hapless AAC team and then the bench comes in and goes through the motions for the remaining 20 minutes.

WOW!!! hoopsfan22, The best post I've read so far today. I was going to highlight certain parts of this post. No need. I agree 100% with your entire post. Great minds do think alike. :cool:

WestCoastPup

Eclipse
Reaction Score
Agree that ONO looks good, very good!
Also like what I'm seeing from Batouly.
I'm still (and always will be) an Irwin fan, hoping she can get some offense going... noticed they went to zone when she came it on OLE Miss... but she held her own for the most part... I'm hoping for a break out game for her.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
WOW!!! hoopsfan22, The best post I've read so far today. I was going to highlight certain parts of this post. No need. I agree 100% with your entire post. Great minds do think alike. :cool:
That is not fair. The bench players play hard and are not just going through the motions. Geno will not allow that. Those young players are playing as hard as they can. Also, there may not be any players who will always be back of the rotation type players. I expect them all to improve.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom