ONO Talks Dunk | The Boneyard

ONO Talks Dunk

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I have stated before that I expect to see Liv dunk in a game. Most likely it would happen when Crystal or Lou breakdown a defense and feed the ball to Liv about 5 feet from the hoop. Catch the ball, one big stride and send it home.

Reaction Score
What I don't like about it is the risk of injury. Female basketball players aren't used to being dunked on and I fear that a defender would undercut her and cause her to land awkwardly on one or both legs. I much prefer watching a nice finger roll.

Reaction Score
All of the above and more. What does a miss do to the flow of the game, especially if the game is close? What does a make d to the other team? A motivator, perhaps? It is so unusual in the women's game that there are all sorts of considerations that don't come up in men's CBB.

Reaction Score
Does Geno have an issue with one of his players dunking the ball in a game?...............the last time I can remember it coming up was when Stewie made an attempt on a follow up few years ago..........Geno just seemed kind of amused about it...........

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Does Geno have an issue with one of his players dunking the ball in a game?.....the last time I can remember it coming up was when Stewie made an attempt on a follow up few years ago.....Geno just seemed kind of amused about it......
I remember Stewie’s follow up. It wasn’t really close to a dunk, although it got some oohs & aahs.

When Stewie was contemplating a dunk during a game, Geno basically said something to the effect, “Don’t talk about it. Just do it.”

I think Stewie was always afraid she’d miss, and then Geno would give her that disgusted look he makes whenever a player makes a dumb play.

As for ONO, she appears to have a little better “hops” than Stewie. I think if she gets a pass with one clean stride to the basket, it would be relatively easy for her to dunk.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The Register, in the better late than never column:

920x920.jpg

“If it comes naturally. If the moment happens, then it happens,” Nelson-Ododa said Monday. “It’s not something that I want to do every single time, but if the moment comes up, I’ll definitely try and do it.”

UConn’s Nelson-Ododa ready to throw it down

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Liv and CW3 will play together for 4 years. You can't tell me that at least once during that time frame, the opportunity for Liv to dunk during a game won't come up. Maybe on a 2 or 3 on 1 fast break, or perhaps a steal and lob to Liv cherry picking for an uncontested dunk. It's going to happen, the only question is when.
I hope it's at the end of a UConn 10-0 run against a top 5 opponent in Gampel to close out the first half. Yeah, that would be "lit". :p

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
If she could get a break away pass, I would love to see her dunk. If it's not a break away....no. Hopefully, if and when Olivia attempts the dunk, she makes it and run back down court on defense.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Geno’s criteria would be:

1. Don’t hurt yourself.

2. Make the damn basket.

3. Don’t embarrass anyone, including yourself.

Players’ legs get tired. I think Liv will have more lift early in a game. Mo wanted Stewie to flush one, but it never happened. I can see CW giving her encouragement.

Geno says he sees a lot of tall guards. Did Crystal have a growth spurt? That would be big news!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom